Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Rest Poll: Trap Door or Whisker Biscuit, which would you use???

Old 01-29-2004, 06:36 PM
Typical Buck

Default Rest Poll: Trap Door or Whisker Biscuit, which would you use???

I am going to buy a new rest for my bow next week. Either a Trap Door or a Whisker Biscuit. I have heard good things about both of these rests. For those of you who have used the Whisker Biscuit or the Trap Door, how has your experience been with them. Which one should I get. I can't decide. Thanks in advance for any advice.
Old 01-29-2004, 06:44 PM

Default RE: Rest Poll: Trap Door or Whisker Biscuit, which would you use???

for hunting,,,,the biscuit all the way
Old 01-29-2004, 06:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

Sorry I haven't tried either rest's but like you I have heard good thing's as well .I would go with the Whisker Bisquit for hunting and the Trap Door for 3D, I use the Trophy Taker for both and it work's flawlessly and I have a Quicktune 3000 micro on my bow right now, but I'll bet I have a Whisker Bisquit by fall.

nubo
Old 01-29-2004, 07:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use the Trap Door and have no complaints. Best groups I've ever shot.
Old 01-29-2004, 07:23 PM

Ive heard whisker biscuits will over time rip the fletchings off, anyone know of such a thing?
Old 01-29-2004, 08:04 PM

whisker biscuit is the best.....my vanes never wore or nothing.....get the whisker biscuit you will be glad....
Old 01-29-2004, 08:12 PM

I use the whisker biscuit and I really like mine. I shoot feathers with a slight helical and have had no problem with the biscuit messing them up.
Old 01-30-2004, 07:30 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have used both on my bows with little to no complaints. The WB is a nice full containment rest but you do loose a little arrow speed, somewhat insignficant in many cases, and it does damage vanes until it is broken in or you trim some of the bristles.

The Trapdoor is very compact with no linkages, etc.. so it is a breeze to initially setup and tune. However, though I personally have not experienced it, several others have reported that they just stop working at the most inopportune times.
Old 01-30-2004, 07:37 AM
Fork Horn

used both the whisker biscuit will bend and sometimes rip off fletchings if no glued on right, the trap door is cool it drops away with a little knock on the riser, the trap door will hold an arrow perfect and you can cant the bow and it will not fall off, but you have to reset the rest after every shot. for hunting go with the biscuit
Old 01-30-2004, 07:58 AM

portable ladder,

I use a whisker biscuit. I do like it very much especially when in a stand and you have to draw back....you never have that arrow falling off the rest! but, as someone did say below, the "whiskers" do put some major wear on the fletchings. though, I just suck it up because the benefits outweigh the downside, at least in my eyes.

Quick Reply: Rest Poll: Trap Door or Whisker Biscuit, which would you use???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.