Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Rest Poll: Trap Door or Whisker Biscuit, which would you use???

Old 01-30-2004, 08:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Rest Poll: Trap Door or Whisker Biscuit, which would you use???

my vote = bisquet
Old 01-30-2004, 09:25 AM

I wouldn't hesitate to buy another Trap Door. I have used this rest for the last 2 years for hunting and 3-D. With the new style prongs you can pretty much do anything with your bow except turn it upside down. I have put it through its paces shooting 3-D two times a week and shooting 25 shots per day in practice for most of the 2 years and have never once had a failure.
Old 01-30-2004, 10:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

If someone put a gun to my head and forced me to choose between those two rests... I'd choose the WB. But only because it has NO moving parts and using it would be better than getting shot in the head.
Old 01-30-2004, 11:17 AM
Boone & Crockett

If someone put a gun to my head and forced me to choose between those two rests... I'd choose the WB. But only because it has NO moving parts and using it would be better than getting shot in the head.
Come on now Arthur...what do you want the poor guy to do...shoot off the shelf?

Old 01-30-2004, 12:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

Come on now Arthur...what do you want the poor guy to do...shoot off the shelf?
Come to think of it...

No. I simply think there are better rests than both of them. But given the choice of those two, I'd go for the simplicity of the WB.
Old 01-30-2004, 12:52 PM
Boone & Crockett

I simply think there are better rests than both of them. But given the choice of those two, I'd go for the simplicity of the WB.
I tend to agree though it was nice to see you say it.

Next thing ya' know you will be telling him to get rid of his sights and peep.....

Sorry, couldn't resist.
Old 01-30-2004, 12:57 PM
Typical Buck

Well,

I think I am convinced I will be getting the whisker biscuit. Although, I will trim my biscuit, if you will. Don't want to lose too much speed.
Old 01-30-2004, 04:09 PM

On tuned bows using the correct spine arrows and having the rest properly adjusted the whisker biscuit might lose 1% of the arrowspeed depending on the bow. On some bows it isn't even measureable. The new whisker biscuit for 2004 has softer finer fibers and really shouldn't effect speed at all. Good luck hunting!
Old 01-30-2004, 04:22 PM

Arther P: Fugetabout it! Nobodys gonna put a gun to your head if you don't use the biscuit! Of course using the biscuit might help you keep from getting hurt. People who don't use the whisker biscuit do occasionally drop arrows of their bows while in their treestand and they don't find them till they climb down from the tree. Ouch! good luck hunting!
Old 01-30-2004, 04:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

Honestly? To heck with the arrow. I'd be more worried about dropping myself out of a treestand.[]

The only time I ever came close to getting hurt was when I dropped a broadhead-tipped arrow off an overdraw, clean against the stops at full draw, and the arrow got stuck between my wrist and the string. 90 pound bow, 50% letoff. I guarantee ya, I was sweating bullets there for a minute or two.

Did I mention I dislike overdraws too?

Quick Reply: Rest Poll: Trap Door or Whisker Biscuit, which would you use???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.