Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Need opinions

Old 01-28-2004, 05:33 PM

Default Need opinions

Here is the deal, my local Mathews dealer with take my two year old Legacy in trade for a brand new LX. I have to give him my Legacy plus $150. I want to know if you guys think this is a smart move. Having never shot an LX, and loving how smooth my Legacy is I need to hear from you guys who have shot both. Thanks a million. You guys are a great resource.
Old 01-28-2004, 05:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Need opinions

I've shot the legacy but never shot the LX but for $150.00 that doesn't seem like too much to put out on a new bow .

nubo
Old 01-28-2004, 06:16 PM

Be sure you shoot the LX firts. If you like it, then take the deal because its a fair one. But, dont do it without shooting the bow first. I personally would not trade my legacy for one, but thats just me.
Old 01-28-2004, 07:24 PM

I shot them both and chose the Legacy over the LX. IMO the Legacy was the smoother of the two, although there really wasn't that much of a difference. I would check and see what used Legacys are going for to make sure, but that doesn't sound like too bad of a deal to me, provided you like the LX more. Either way, I think you'll be happy with which ever one you pick. Good Luck.
Old 01-29-2004, 05:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

The people that I know with LXs are very happy with them. I see more LXs than Legacys in my neck of the woods.
Old 01-29-2004, 07:09 AM

The LX is faster, balanced better, smoother to draw , has a better backwall, better limb pockets , and just plainly .....the HP cam just feels better IMO !

The Legacy has a more forgiving brace height and is slightly quieter !

People will say the LX has more vibration , but I can't tell a difference !! Shoot them both .....and make sure they're set up the same.....poundage,draw length,accessories, etc.

Good Luck !!
Old 01-29-2004, 07:29 AM
Boone & Crockett

I buy and sell alot of bows and would say that an additional $150 plus the trade is not that bad of a deal. However, we have to consider that it is a Mathews and they do retain their resale value a bit better than most other brands.

If you really want the new bow then I would say go for it however if you are perfectly happy with your Legacy then I see no reason to change.
Old 01-29-2004, 07:36 AM

According to the specs, the LX is a "whopping" 5 fps (AMO=240) faster than the Legacy (AMO=235). Of course I do not have to tell you; when all is said and done the AMO is closer to what you end up with when your bow is PROPERLY rigged for HUNTING.

Why trade a bow that is only two years old, a bow you admittingly consider to be a bow you are satisfied with?
Old 01-29-2004, 07:56 AM

"Properly" ....now a days C903......properly can be many things ......poundage is up.....arrow weights down......vibration dampining products....all time high !!

How many people do you know shooting a 60# bow and 540 grain arrows ? I know zero !

I have seen more like a 8-10 fps difference on the hunting set ups I've seen.........which fall in between AMO and IBO !!
Old 01-29-2004, 08:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

How many people do you know shooting a 60# bow and 540 grain arrows ? I know zero !
Hello-o-o-o-o! Allow me to introduce myself... [&:]

Quick Reply: Need opinions

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.