Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What a beautiful sit.

Old 01-24-2004, 07:31 PM
Typical Buck

Default What a beautiful sit.

I went out this morning, didnt even see a deer, but I had about the best sit Ive had in a while. The fresh snow from last night covered the corn stubble and was in the trees. The creek behind me was froze with snow on top. It was beautiful. Had a Red-Tailed hawk sit in a tree in front of me about 15yds. Had so many doves I couldnt count them all flying around, diggin through the snow, perched in the trees all around me. Had a red headded woodpecker in my tree. He was only about 10ft. above me. He stayed around diggin out bugs for about 5-6min. Plus all the other little birds hoppin around. The bright red of the Cardinal stood out wonderfully.
Tonight went about the same as far as deer but had a Cardinal about 3 ft. from me. This time I was sittin over looking a winter wheat field and had woods behind me and a bigger froze over creek. Same situation bird wise and had a big fox squirrel hoppin in the tree tops around me. Didnt offer a shot but watchin them little buggers sures passes the time. They are funny to watch.
Man, the snow really made it easy to sit out there today. It was cold but with my insulated camos on and the utter lack of wind made it bearable. Despite not seein neither hide nor hair of a deer, I had to thank God for such a beautiful day.
Did anyone else get out to enjoy some sceanery today?
Old 01-24-2004, 07:46 PM

Default RE: What a beautiful sit.

No, but I had the chance in the past to experience what you did. I remember one Nov while bowhunting in WV. The only sound was snowflakes hitting the leaves. No cars, tractors, nothing. To me, that is the most peaceful sound there ever was. Saw some some turkeys and deer, but the peacefulness I'll never forget.
Old 01-24-2004, 07:53 PM

Default RE: What a beautiful sit.

Yes I did I went this morning didnt see any deer but it was nice with the snow in the morning here in Northern Maryland we got like 3 inches saw lots of squirels and birds eating from the corn piles I have out I saw alot of tracks around but I think they are coming out at night and eating my corn. But some good news there are some more pics on my game camera cant wait to get them developed. I will be out again on Monday If I get off school because of snow.[8D]

Any day Bowhunting is better then a day at School!!!!! [:-]