Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Treestand question.

Old 01-24-2004, 12:26 PM
Typical Buck

Default Treestand question.

I will be getting rid of a couple of my "Loc on"models and will be replacing them with something a bit more comfy like my API Baby grand.I would like something that is as light as the Loc-on's but comfortable as the Baby grand and easy set up.Also something that will hold a guy around the 290-300 lb[] range I was also wondering if any of you know anything about Chippewa wedge-loc stands.I got a video of thiers a couple of years ago,and saw their product at the Illinois Deer& Turkey shows. They looked prety stout.I haven't seen any post's about these stands in a long time.Here is a link to the wedgelock stands. http://www.chippewawedgeloc.com/ Thank's for any replies.Bill D>
Old 01-24-2004, 01:08 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Treestand question.

Hey DRstalker.... I like the looks of that 3 position leveler. That's one of those, "Why didn't I think of that" things. Says it holds a 400 lb. person. Only fits up to a 17 or was it 18 inch tree.... but I could live with that. I've got too many stands already that I never put up. I need to have a garage sale.
Old 01-24-2004, 01:38 PM

The stands that are hung using a "receiver bracket" with the 3-position lean adjustment are the cat's meow.

I have three of a different brand (forget brand name). The stand is all steel. The female "bracket" is a steel square-stock "H" bracket that is chain hung. Diameter of tree is only limited to the length of chain you use. Stand platform is squared and has two steel teeth at rear of base. Platform will (also) fit any size tree. I have several "H" brackets hung on several trees.
Old 01-24-2004, 01:57 PM

Learn something new every day. From what I can see they sure look like a nifty bunch of hang-ons. I will be looking into those much more closely in the days to come thanks to your post. Much appreciated drstalker.
Old 01-25-2004, 08:45 AM
Typical Buck

Yeah ;I know what you mean Dave.I have about 5 stands(four fixed type and one climber)and don't need anymore I would definately sell the loc-ons if I bought new, my garage is really clutterd with hunting and fishing garb.17"18" sure doesn't seem like alot .I have found the most ideal size tree is ones that I can wrap my arms around and overlap my hands(different kind of tree hugger)The old Loc-ons play hell on my back and keister.Jim I think Chippewa wedge loc still has the free video's by request.They show some interesting things in the video.Bill D>