Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

hoyt razortec, mathews lx, bowtech vft

Old 01-22-2004, 04:05 PM
pup

Default hoyt razortec, mathews lx, bowtech vft

ok guys here is the deal, the last year i have been hunting with a razortec and i love the bow, but i am really getting a ich for a new bow but i cant just go out and by one. so i was thinking about trading my razortec for maybe a vft or a patriot or maybe a lx or legacy what do you all think i have a pro 40 i use for target and i love it thats why i was thinking maybe a bowtech, but i have never owned a mathews and i have made fun of them alot so i was thinking maybe i should get one of them so i have a lest byast opinion. ok so anyways lets here some suggestion form you all... OH YEAH I LOVE MY RAZORTec but for some reason just want a change, i kinda like the feel of a one cam better for a hunting bow.
Old 01-22-2004, 04:11 PM

Default RE: hoyt razortec, mathews lx, bowtech vft

Go to archerytalk.com and the free classifieds sections and propose a trade. I'm sure you will get some hits.
Old 01-22-2004, 04:14 PM
pup

yeah im sure ill get hits right away but im not sure if i want to yet thats why i am looking for suggestions. maybe we should take a poll on what bow i should get
Old 01-22-2004, 04:16 PM

None of them will be as smooth and sweet as that razor tec.

I've owned a legacy, owned a bowtech, and I currently shoot and own 2 hoyts. No comparison in my eyes.
Old 01-23-2004, 11:52 AM
Typical Buck

The idiot that owns the Pro Shop where I do business called to tell me he just unboxed a new Mathews Outback. Just so happens its in my draw length and preferred weight.[:@] I specifically told him not to order any! And especially not to tell me if he did! He must have noticed that I recently developed a twitch and an itch. The wife has forbid me from getting a new bow this year! I had planned on going to the pro shop to look at a Bohning arrow cresting kit. Wonder if I should even go now.

Actually my wife is a small thing...bout 5 foot, 115 pounds...but has the temperment of a mountain lion.

Oh yeah, to answer your question, You should try a Mathews.
Old 01-23-2004, 11:56 AM

If your looking at Mathews I will sell you my 6 yr old Feathermax

Has all the "New" technology of the 04's but half the price
Old 01-23-2004, 12:08 PM

HAHAHA Rack, you crack me up...

Now, as far as buying a Mathews just because you havn't had one before, that is just a stupid reason to buy a bow. Definetly shoot them, but shoot others bows also and pick the one that feels the best to you, know matter what brand it is.
Old 01-23-2004, 12:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot a Mathews LX and I would not trade it for anything. I was always a Jennings/ Golden Eagle guy until I bought the LX. It is fast, smooth, and a perfect fit for me. I'll keep it along time. The LX totally set up was close to $1k....divorce costs alot more LOL. But keeping with everyone else's advice, try them all and buy what fits you and your budget. Have shot hoyts in the past and they, too, are superb bow. I haven't ever shot a bowtech, but they are a great looking bow and I hear they are very smooth as well.
Old 01-23-2004, 12:32 PM
pup

ok, well i know there are tons of guys out there who would tarde there last years mathews for my razortec im gonna shoot some bows and see what i like