Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Wisker Biscuit and vanes?

Old 01-21-2004, 12:34 PM

Default Wisker Biscuit and vanes?

Dose anyone who shoots a wisker biscuit rest shoot plastic vanes? I bought some biscuits the other day and after talking to the local proshop they have me wondering if they will work for me. In a nut shell they said that the vanes don't react well when being shot thru the wisker biscuit. They said the only way they would recommend biscuits is if I were shooting feathers.

So, do I return the rest or do I but arrows w/ feathers? What a dilemma!
Old 01-21-2004, 12:40 PM

Default RE: Wisker Biscuit and vanes?

Feathers usually expire quicker on whisker biscuits than vanes. My friend went to vanes and has had the same dozen arrows for at least 2 years with no problems yet.
Old 01-21-2004, 12:45 PM

yo, no dilemma at all. i've been shooting vanes thru a biscuit ever since the biscuit came out and never had a problem. do not return the rest, shoot it and you'll like it. wouldn't trade my biscuit for any hunting sight
Old 01-21-2004, 02:03 PM

Haven't had a problem yet. I shoot vanes. Great hunting rest.......I have shot tons of times through it and my arrows fly just as well today as the day I got them.

I wouldn't take it back.
Old 01-21-2004, 02:23 PM

Is that the rest that freezes up?
Old 01-21-2004, 02:29 PM

A lot of it has to do with the fletching job and vane quality! Also I have found that shooting a full helical with either vanes or feathers is a lot harder on them ........than shooting a slight offset fletch. And I learned (on here) that adding a dab of fletch tite, or whatever your using ,on the end of each fletch helps a lot also !!
Old 01-21-2004, 02:59 PM
Fork Horn

I also shoot helical with a bisquit and have NO PROBLEMS AT ALL. I use AAE vanes and AAE glue and yes its always good to put a drop at the end of the fletch.

I can honestly say that the bisquit is the best rest i have ever owned. I have had a couple including the NAP drop away (which broke this year thats why i went to the bisquit) I really like being in a tree stand shooting down and not having to worry about your arrow falling off your rest. Its quiet and seems to be very durable. Freezing problems??? dont know yet but they make the spray for it.
Old 01-21-2004, 03:07 PM
Typical Buck

Belle - Does anyone from Mississippi have to worry about a Biscuit freezing up ? [:-]
Old 01-21-2004, 03:11 PM

Belle - Does anyone from Mississippi have to worry about a Biscuit freezing up ?
Good point, I guess melting would be more of problem down here [8D]
Old 01-21-2004, 03:14 PM
Typical Buck

I shoot vanes and have not had a problem since i put a dab of glue on the front tip of each fletching. Good Luck and havppy shooting

Quick Reply: Wisker Biscuit and vanes?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.