Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Wisker Biscuit and vanes?

Old 01-21-2004, 03:35 PM

Default RE: Wisker Biscuit and vanes?

I don't concern myself with the rest freezing up. I live and hunt in NY and the weather can be bad sometimes but never that bad. If the weather was that bad I would be more worried about all the moving parts on my bow because they would be frozen too.

Not an issue at all.
Old 01-21-2004, 03:54 PM

I don't concern myself with the rest freezing up

I was just ribbing you bisquit guys. I wouldn't worry about anything freezing up either.
Old 01-21-2004, 08:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know alot of guys shooting vanes just fine with the bisquit! FOR YOUR INFORMATION!!! The new Whisker Bisqit for 2004 will have a new whisker configuration!!! A stiff bottom and super soft zones where the fletching goes through. I think they will fit all exsisting rests! I'm sure there will be alot more details after the ATA show!

Good Luck!
Old 01-21-2004, 08:10 PM

I shot w/feathers, but when I bought my whisker biscuit the local pro shop here said that vanes work better.
Old 01-21-2004, 08:30 PM

ORIGINAL: CLOUD 9, MN

I know alot of guys shooting vanes just fine with the bisquit! FOR YOUR INFORMATION!!! The new Whisker Bisqit for 2004 will have a new whisker configuration!!! A stiff bottom and super soft zones where the fletching goes through. I think they will fit all exsisting rests! I'm sure there will be alot more details after the ATA show!

Good Luck!

Very cool.

After hunting with the WB last year I can honestly say that I can't think of one reason why I won't hunt with this rest for many years to come. It really was perfect......TO ME. Others may have different opinions but mine shoots great, is very quiet, and very strong........never having to worry about your arrow falling is just a wonderful thing.

I almost didn't try a WB due to some negative stuff I had heard and read about it...........man am I glad I tried one.

Both my brothers are switching to them for next season.
Old 01-22-2004, 03:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Vanes work great, but you have to pick good ones. Bohoning vanes, flex fletch, and Arizona speedflyte vanes all work well, and hold up great. I also suggest trimming the bisquit as per the instructions on the Carolina archery website.
Old 01-22-2004, 10:46 AM
Spike

No complaints here. I 've been shooting with a whisker bisket for a year and have yet to see a problem.
Old 01-22-2004, 07:29 PM

Default RE: Whisker Biscuit and vanes?

Feathers, vanes, and turbonocks all fly through the whisker biscuit in an acceptable manner provided you use the correct spine arrows. Best results that I have had were when the bow was set at an even tiller and the arrow nocked at 90degrees to the bowstring. The rest should be adjusted for windage by grouptuning for the narrowest group. On most righthanded bows the nock travels forward and to the left about 1/8" so it makes sense that on most bows the optimum postion for the rest is often about 1/8" to the left of the centerline of the bow. The soft rubbery kind of vanes flop around way tooo much to be used with this rest, stick with the harder shinier kind of vanes for the whisker biscuit. Good luck hunting!
Old 01-23-2004, 03:54 AM
Typical Buck

I was trying to find the most quiet rest and ran arrows of all kinds through rests at the pro shop and found the bisket to be noiser than some others. Try it at the shop one after another and you can see / hear the difference between different rests.
Old 01-23-2004, 06:05 PM

A loose arrow to biscuit fit is the prefered fit with a whisker biscuit. Some arrow finishes are going to be consistantly quieter than others. You can get a good idea of the amount of noise an arrow will make as it is drawn across the rest by drawing an arrow over your fingernail next to your ear. Hard smooth finished arrows will be quieter than more textured finished arrows. Some finishes can be wet-sanded smooth or waxed with Armorall to make them smooth, but it is better to choose a smooth shaft to begin with. The biscuit itself will get quieter the more it is shot. I like to shoot muddy grass-encrusted blunts through the rest after a good rain. The dirt helps to breakin the rest in a hurry. A well broken in rest is going to be extremely quiet when used with smooth arrows. A brand new rest that has not been shot before will be stiffer than one that has been shot 100 times. You have to understand that this is a rest that can be shot tens of thousands of shots without needing to be refurbished with tape, moleskin, nailpolish, or shrinkwrap tubing every thousand shots like some other rests. Good luck hunting!