Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

good or bad

Old 01-19-2004, 05:29 PM

Default good or bad

are the pendulum sights any good
Old 01-19-2004, 05:32 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: good or bad

Some of them I'm sure they are. I used one once and never really trusted it.....

Why are you considering that type of sight?
Old 01-19-2004, 05:52 PM

i just wanted to try some thing different. my dad gave me the bow its a pse and its kind of old
Old 01-22-2004, 08:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have hunted with a pedulum sight for many years.and i have had good success. i have also used pin sights. pedulum sights are good if you are hunting from a tree. and if you are maby 15-30 ft of the ground it just gives you the advantage of being able to shoot diffrent distances with out judging so much.if you sight it in in from a tree. most of them or good from about 0-25 yrds.but the disadvantage is that most of them make noise! this is the problem i have alway had. pinsights are much easer to get use to.and they are much quiter.and less movement.but if you are still going to use a pedulum sight get one that is more dependble like a keller or one made of better quality.you just have to practice with it to build confedence.but they do work!
Old 01-22-2004, 09:18 AM

I feel safer using a 2-3 pin site just because it is less to worry about going wrong.
Old 01-22-2004, 09:26 AM

I personally don't trust them, but I know guys who use them and are very successful.
Old 01-22-2004, 01:33 PM

I used a toxonics pendulum all last season. Mine was good out to about 30 yards. With an older slower bow you might not get out that far. Mine has a slight buzz when the bow is released. didn't seem to matter any, I got four deer. Aimed right where I wanted it to go, didn't worry about distance. worked for me...