Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

O.K.- Which Sight? Impact Cosmic Or HHA Optimizer 5000?

Old 01-19-2004, 03:35 PM

Default O.K.- Which Sight? Impact Cosmic Or HHA Optimizer 5000?

Alright, I think I have narrowed down my decision to two sight choices. The Impact Cosmic or the HHA Optimizer 5000.

(I am making the decision to try a single sight pin, I hope it is worth it) Is it a big adjustment going to a single pin?

Looking for your input on these two sights and if anyone has used both. Both seem good and are priced somewhat close to each other.

Thoughts?
Old 01-19-2004, 07:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: O.K.- Which Sight? Impact Cosmic Or HHA Optimizer 5000?

I've used the Cosmic, but not the HHA. I like the lightweight, compact size of the Cosmic. And the pin is so bright. In that type of sight, I'd recommend it.
Old 01-19-2004, 07:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

They are both really, really good sights. I'd give the edge to the HHA because of its micro adjustments. They are both really bright! Both have good mechanisms. One thing I've liked about HHA is you can order .019 size fiber. Most of the time yousee them with .029 which is kind of big. Its fine for shooting at 30 yards and under but if you shoot over 30 yards, .019 is the way to go! I haven't seen it offered on the Cosmic and their pin seems bigger than .030.

Good Luck!
Old 01-19-2004, 07:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

I bought a new Impact Archery Cosmic for my new BT dually, but since I got it last summer I was able to use it on my Golden Eagle Splitfire for hunting season. I found as long as your bow shoot's reasonably flat up to 30yrd's. The sight was great, but if you had to make a quick adjustment that it was a pain,that was my only complaint .The pin is the brightist pin I've used ever.I could see my pin way after dark but wasn't able to find my mark on a animal ,now that's bright. Although I've never used a HHA but I have heard great thing's about them ,from what I understand they have a easier to use adjustment arm.

nubo
Old 01-19-2004, 07:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've got both.

I prefer the HHA except for one thing. It's a little noisier. However I can only tell when I rap my fist against the riser. Shooting I can't tell...but I know the noise is there so it irks me.

The HHA is a very high quality sight. Not to take anything away from the Cosmic, as it's very nice and I would not hesitate to recommend..but given a choice I'd take the HHA OL-5000