Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I need a new bow can you help

Old 01-19-2004, 11:22 AM
Fork Horn

Default I need a new bow can you help

im 6ft 200 lbs last year i shot a browning micro witch was way to small this year i would like to get a new bow in the 300$ range do you have any suggestion i an pull like 70lbs so can you help to get an idea of the size of me go to http://www.whitetails.com/art354.html
Old 01-19-2004, 11:38 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: I need a new bow can you help

The best advice that anyone can give you is to head to a local reputable pro shop. Have them measure you for draw length and draw weight then tell them the price range that you are looking at. If $300 includes accessories then you may run into somewhat of a problem as there are only a few model bows, plus accessories, that will put you at around $300. The PSE Nova would be a good example of this. You can usually get them in the $170 to $190 range. Throw in sights, rest, quiver, release, arrows, broadheads, etc... and you can probably keep it under $300. Ofcourse, some of those items, like broadheads, you won't need until later in the year so don't worry about getting them initially.

Get a bow to fit you correctly and the job is halfway done. Hope this helps.
Old 01-19-2004, 11:45 AM
Fork Horn

srry forgot to say my draw length is 29-30
Old 02-09-2004, 09:06 AM

I have bow for sale. got it as a gift. but I have a new bow already so I'm selling it. its a 2002 browning dakota. shot about 10 times. bow its self retails for about $250. the specs. are: grace height 7-1/4", IBO 303, axle-axle 41" let off 65%. came w/ pkg kit.,sights, rest. like brand new!!. it shoots nice. but am not to familiar with the model. if any one has any other info. on it? I think its the last year browning made it. PSE mkes it now. but PSE is an affiliate of browning. selling for $200.00
Old 02-09-2004, 11:22 AM

I would go With the Alpine Impact Xtreme, I shot 2 Bucks with it last season ( 6 and 8 pt.). The bow reaches speeds up to 305 fps and cost we 308+tax Stripped. Its a great shooting bow, im getting rid of mine only because i shoot league, and want a more advanced bow (bowtech, mathews). But for the price, its amazing. Check it out.

AlpineArchery.com
Old 02-10-2004, 03:52 PM

I would look at the bowtech line. They have some quick and accurate bows. They arent real expensive compared to the hoyt and the matthews. Good bows!!!