Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

alright give me the low down on drop away rest

Old 01-15-2004, 10:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: alright give me the low down on drop away rest

It is impossible for you to say that we can't use these as arguments.

First) Fletch clearence for one is the biggest advantage. And don't give that crap about spending countless hours tuning your tm rest. If I gave you a thin carbon arrow (acc for example) with helical there is no way you could get that through a prong rest without it hitting at least one part of the rest. Most archers accept this fact and just sight their bow around it but with a drop away I can be tuned faster and more accurate, no matter what arrow I shoot.

second) Speed is not a minute argument. No, I don't care how fast the arrow gets to the deer. That is not the point. I DO care that rather then loose 5 fps I can gain speed and reduce the amoint of pins on the bow and have a better chance at making an ethical shot. (No, arrow rest alone will not accomplish this but combined with other modifications it will)

third) Yes, I know there are all kinds of attachments and overdraws and arrow holders to make your rest perform better but why the h#!! would I want to buy all of that crap when I can buy just 1 rest. And to say that there is a lesser chance of failure, c'mon. My MZE is 1 swing arm on the cable slide. The slide or swing arm would have to snap in 2 for it to malfunction. I would take that any day over a spring tensioned TM with 3 different set screws and micro adjusts on a 3" overdraw with a seperate rubberband released arrow holder.

Buy a drop away. There faster, easier, simpler, and more effective. It's that simple.
Old 01-15-2004, 11:18 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: alright give me the low down on drop away rest

C903.... but the neat thing about the Muzzy and no fletching contact. It doesn't matter which way you put the arrow on the string. You can grab an arrow blindfolded, put it on the string and it will STILL not have any fletching contact. AND.... it'll shoot perfectly. That's not something you can do with your standard rest. No one said it was NECESSARY.... we said it was a nice toy. No one says a compound is necessary..... but it's a nice toy.

Rangeball, you are correct. I put on a loop at the time I put on the Muzzy. THE LOOP is what put an end to the arrow falling off the string. I have yet to let down with a loop and had an arrow come off. If I put the release on the string it'll happen almost everytime.... same bow. Usually it gets caught on the release shoulder and pushed off.