Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

[Deleted]

Old 02-09-2002, 02:12 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-09-2002, 05:21 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-09-2002, 05:53 AM

Default RE: Torn Rotator Cuff???

It all depends on the nature of the tear. The end result depends on the surgery and good physical rehabilitation postoperatively. Commitment to rehab counts!
Mark
Old 02-09-2002, 06:23 AM
Boone & Crockett

I don't have an answer for you but I have another question to add to the list. If someone was in the same situation as whackmaster's friend then would switching to an opposite hand bow (righty to lefty) make any bit of difference?
Old 02-09-2002, 07:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

sorry to hear about your problem. Can't realy help with your question but I hope everything goes well for you.

TAKE YOUR KIDS HUNTING AND YOU WON'T BE HUNTING FOR YOUR KIDS
Old 02-09-2002, 07:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

My dad is going in for this surgery in a couple of weeks. His is torn plus the muscle has pulled away. That is because he did it a year and a half ago and it tried to heal itself. The Dr. told him he would be out for 4 months. But dad said he would be out for 2 maybe. But that is just him, he has his own business and will go back to work no matter what the dr. says.

Always adding Deer Cam picts. Check often.
www.geocities.com/hfpmad

Old 02-09-2002, 10:19 AM

as a body building buff, I spend a lot of time in the gym. I tore mine a couple of years ago, did not get surgery but did a lot of strengthing exercizes, lay on your back, grab a weight (light) hold arm in a L shape and rotate shoulder from leg over head or stand in door way hold arm in L shape (upper arm horiz, lower arm vert) and try to push wall dwn while you are standing inside entryway. arm is kind of in the sme position as a chest fly but instead of working chest you rotate shoulder, this is the best thing to make the cuff muscles stronger to restist tears.. visit a sports med doctor too....

evan
Old 02-09-2002, 10:49 AM

welcome to the crossbow lazyarcher. i'd say 75% of the guys using one on a permit in Pa got it because of those tears and the results of surgery. I wish you only the best in recovery but now you know how someother guys feel. And how they need to put up with the bashing they get for it here in Pa.
Old 02-09-2002, 11:10 AM

Thats a bummer man. Good luck. I have a friend that had the same problem and it took him about a year before he could shoot. He now shoots a lighter draw and does ok, but still can't shoot everyday.

Good luck, I know how you feel. Having stomach surgery on Wednesday and not looking forward to the layoff.
Old 02-09-2002, 11:15 AM

hope it doesnt come to limitatinos for your shooting.good luck,best advise I can give from someone that as they say "been there done that" DO WHAT THE DR. SAY'S NO MATTER WHAT. it is better to take longer now than having to do it again or worse,not being able to repair it.
a friend of mine had it just after deer season ended and he was ready to start shooting in mid summer and hunt the next season in Sept.

I am not a hunter I am a whitetail population reduction specialest

remember keep your back to the sun, your knife sharp, and your powder dry.

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.