Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

[Deleted]

Old 02-11-2002, 12:07 AM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Torn Rotator Cuff???

lazyarcher, Forgot to mention I'd advise strengthening first, and surgery as last resort. Opinion based on my injuries. I have 2 doctors and 1 nurse in my family and they confirmed the way I chose to deal with my conditions.
Old 02-11-2002, 02:05 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-11-2002, 05:56 PM
JPS

I am typing this with an ice pack tied to my shoulder.I injured my shoulder last summer shooting and put it off till after hunting season.I am into my fourth week of therapy now and it is doing nothing to help.They say it is inflamation but I think it is worse.Constant ache in my upper arm,some days it is ok till I use it for something then it is sore for a couple days.Can barley lift my arm to comb my hair some days.Got two more days of therapy then back to the doctor to see what to do next.
Old 02-11-2002, 07:30 PM

I know alot of you are american, but have you heard of Donivan Bailey, our 100Metre sprinter the broke the world record in the 96 olympics, well he tore his achilies tendon, in 98 I beleive it was, and he did recover to sprint again. This is something that will take rehabilitation. My sister is a massage therapist and she said the reason, tears happen like this, is the stretched rope affect. Imagine having so much tension in a rope that the strands start to weaken, you keep pulling and pulling, without allowing the muscle to relax and then it gets torn. This is the reason it is a good idea to get massage therapy every once in a while. This brings hormones and oxegen to the muscles allowing them to settle into a more relaxed state. Be very careful and listen to your doctor very well before getting back to shooting. Allow the muscle surgery to fully heal and you should be fine. Good luck, and eat alot of steak to build up the protein levels in your body that create muscle. Good shooting.
Dylan

>>>>--------o-->
Old 02-11-2002, 07:30 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-11-2002, 08:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Frank, to answer your question, look in the PA field hunter state championship records. One man won it 5 times. The last two were back to back, one righty, the next lefty. He had to switch for that very reason.
Old 02-12-2002, 09:55 AM
Typical Buck

I partially tore my right shoulder's rotator cuff in High School during football. I wasn't into bowhunting at the time but it absolutely killed and I could barely put my shirt on. However, I did rehab instead of surgery and only feel it tighten during damp weather. I'm always careful and try to stretch a little before shooting or anything physical.

Surgery is a good permanent solution but I htink that the recovery time is quite lengthy so get it done NOW for the fall.