Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

MZE rest Nice!

Old 01-10-2004, 10:08 PM
Typical Buck

Default MZE rest Nice!

Well after reading about this rest from many of you and our season ending soon,I decided to install my new Zero eeffect rest from Muzzy.I read and heard so many saying how difficult it is to install and it taking two people and such,anyhow,I watched the video about three times and gave it a go.I got it installed within an hour(about three beers) and took the bow out to the back yard to see how I did.My first shot went low,I checked and noticed that I didn't trim enough of the adjusting rod so that the stop screw hit the stop plate.I trimmed enough off this time and made another adjustment.Bingo I am hitting the target and not far from where my last rest was adjusted to.I can't wait to make my final adjustments tommorow.Our archery deer season ends next week and I was going to make tonight my last hunt,I think I'll be hunting tommorow and the rest of the week Bill D>
Old 01-11-2004, 06:42 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: MZE rest Nice!

It only gets better. You'll notice fewere fliers left and right(you know... the ones you always torgued out a couple inches) You'll learn the joys of never having to worry about WHERE the arrow is. You just draw and shoot. No more arrows falling off the rest or falling. It's the rest all the others are trying to imitate and knock off. So far all they've been able to do is come up with big add campaigns. Just about everyone I know has the Muzzy.
Old 01-11-2004, 06:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ditto what david said. In fact input from him and Len on the MZE had alot to do with me finally getting one. That is one great rest, especially for a hunting setup! Once you have it dialed in, you'll do like I did and ask yourself "why did I wait so long"?
Old 01-11-2004, 07:30 AM
Typical Buck

Yeah Dave,The first that I ever saw one was on Len's bow and Steves(Florida Hunter'S)when we hog hunted.They loved them.I hunted in the cold yesterday afternoon with my old NAP quick tune,and had military issue three finger wool mitts on,it was hard to keep my arrow on the old rest.I won't have to curl my index finger over my arrow anymore.Also the old rest cost me a cupple deer this season[:@].Bill D>
Old 01-11-2004, 07:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

You've got the best of the best , in rests .
Old 01-11-2004, 12:45 PM
Dominant Buck

Pure poetry there Jimmy.
Old 01-11-2004, 01:59 PM

Now you guys have me thinking about gettin one...Joe