Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

So, whats everyone's plans for the off-season?

Old 01-08-2004, 09:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default So, whats everyone's plans for the off-season?

Just wondering what everyone else is planning for the off season as far as prep for next season? Its funny, I'm already thinking about things for next year.

Here is what I plan:

I am going to buy a set of Predator camo wool clothes from Grey Wolf and a lightweight set for early season in Predator camo.

I bought a new Summit stand this season, and am going to paint it this winter to help break up the outline.

I seen a neat picture of a home-made broadhead target using compressed foam from Lowes. (has me intrigued)

Play with some new drop aways on my Vipertec. I just love playing with this stuff.

Other than that, the usual, 3D shoots, fine tuning arrows and such.

What about everyone else?
Old 01-08-2004, 09:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: So, whats everyone's plans for the off-season?

Buy more huting stuff, new bass guitar, and most importantly....TURKEY SEASON
Old 01-08-2004, 09:16 PM

it never gets boring in my neck of the woods.......

i go COON hunting all the time
turkey season is on its way
fishing
go muddin
shoot my bow
pred hunt
go to many coon hunting competion hunts has i can trying to make my hound grand nite in ukc..
more hunting stuff will be bought...
keep my feeders full and my salt licks fresh and check my game camera.....

always something to do... to pass time.......
Old 01-08-2004, 09:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ditch my peep sight for a timberline no peep and shoot like heck this summer. find some quite camo. fishing and swimmin with the kids.
Old 01-08-2004, 09:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

I plan on practice,practice,practice and more practice with my 2004 Patriot dually and then I think that I'll enter into a few 3D shoots for more practice.

nubo
Old 01-08-2004, 09:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm already getting yelled by my wife for my flytying crap being left on the dining room table.........she has no clue that "All that stuff" is only about 1/100th of the real "All that stuff".

I've been whipping out stoneflies and other assorted patterns to get me through the winter.......can never have too many flies. Getting the flyfishing gear in order.
Just for the heck of it I went through one of my Wheatly fly boxes devoted just to Blue Winged Olives and Sulphurs. There were 665 flies in that one box alone. [:-] I have a problem.

Besides my flyfishing addiction, I take 3D shooting pretty serious, and our winter league just started.
I'll keep on keepin' on with the bows, but the fly rods are calling very loudly right now.
Old 01-08-2004, 09:33 PM

I plan on clearing out some food plots to feed the deer herd and make em fatter!
Old 01-08-2004, 11:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm gonna start the year off by deciding which new compound I want between the Mathews Icon or the new Mathews Classic. Then when I decide it will be the same practice practice practice as every year. Oh yeah , I'm also getting a Mariah recurve which will require even more practice. I suppose I'll have to spend the rest of the year sucking up to my wife for all the lost $$$ and time spent on practicing!
Old 01-08-2004, 11:44 PM
Boone & Crockett

Shoot as much as possible, get better equipped and plan for the next elk season. Do some fishing, snow skiing, camping, hiking, scouting.

Basically stay outdoors as much as possible.

And graduate from Colorado School of Trades. I'll officially be a gunsmith in August.
Old 01-09-2004, 05:45 AM

Jan and Feb
-- take the shotgun, GPS, go to WMA's in the mountains I've never been to, and with squirrel and rabbit season still in, takeoff, explore and scout for next bow season

Jan - Aug
- shoot 3D's

Apr
- turkeys

Quick Reply: So, whats everyone's plans for the off-season?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.