Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

8 ptr. CAUGHT IN THE ACT

Old 01-06-2004, 03:08 PM

Default 8 ptr. CAUGHT IN THE ACT

Well, I've seen alot but today I come across a little late season fornicating. I was doing my usual slow hunt, scouting and had really layered myself heavily. Windy, very cold and downright miserable scouting weather, but there is ol' Jim checking things out. I very carefully approached the leeward [east side of a ridge]. I'm in a gully below and well hidden amongst a blowdown. Spotted a doe and decided to do a little practice mouth calling. I gave 3 bleating/then 2 tending/about 20 seconds pass and Mr. 8 pt. arrives to investigate. I observe for approx. 15 minutes, he's doing his sniffing, pawing etc.. She's kinda interested but quite young and not quite sure what's going down. Suddenly, she spooks and disappears heading west over the ridge-top towards the windward side[west side of ridge], out of my view and her would be mate goes trailing her. I just stood for about 10 minutes and thought that I would mimic a buck and circle about the ridge and then head back towards where I saw them disappear. I figured maybe I'd spot them high on the other side doing their little mating game. Figured correctly, for once, there they were, high up, doing THEIR THING, and I'm just perfectly positioned to view the x-rated affair. Dang, I wished I'd had one of those hat-cams. You just don't have things like that happen. Oh well, I can assure you it was a 1st. for me and if it ever happens again in my lifetime I'll be the 1st. cammie clad papparrazi snapping photos of the happy couple.
Old 01-06-2004, 03:47 PM

Default RE: 8 ptr. CAUGHT IN THE ACT

it is a rare deal to see that go down....
Old 01-06-2004, 04:50 PM

never seen that. your lucky!
Old 01-06-2004, 04:59 PM
Boone & Crockett

Yeah I saw the deed a few years ago. I was in a stand over a swail lot. Had 2 bucks and 2 does out in front of me about 100 yards for around 2 hours. I was watching them through the binos (not to be a perv. but you know). It was a big ole fashion orgy. They had there way about 3 different times with those doe. It was bizzare.