Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Any more Illinois Deer?

Old 01-08-2004, 11:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Any more Illinois Deer?

Probably had my last hunt of the season tonight. I have plans for the weekend and school starts back up next week. But tonight was one of my best hunts all year. Woods were calm the first 2+ hours then finally at 4:30 3 does appeared in a wheat field about 85 yards from me. Then 10 minutes later a high racked, young 6 fed for a little bit. Then 5 minutes after that a small year and half 6 and a mature 10 fed together for the remaining 15 minutes of legal light. Nothing came my way but it was nice too finish up the season with a good deer like that. Packed up my stuff and got about 30 yards from my truck and it looked like something was hanging from my passenger side mirror. I took a few more steps and it moved. About that time I stepped on a stick and I see a white tail take off from the side of my truck. The darn thing was right next to my truck. I should have just layed down in the bed of it and hunted. Oh well, I had a good season. Good luck to the rest of ya that are gonna hunt the final week!