Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Something to chew on..

Old 02-10-2002, 08:28 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Something to chew on..

edge, try geting your pic scanned, im sure some one can help out. ive never hunted whitetail but do have some experence with blacktails and mule deer. not to mentions hunting in swamps the best thing ive found is the funells {sp} coming and going. also you need to have 2 ambush points on these funells just incase of a wind change, youve got a plan and thats a great thing. one other thing ive learned is that planing is 95% of hunting
Ron
Old 02-11-2002, 05:10 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-12-2002, 07:01 AM

Thanks for all your replies. I'll try to get a picture in soon. A floating blind? Wow! There is an old abandon duck blind in one of these pockets, but the deer could come from anywhere and its really confined. Think I'll stay on the swamp edge in a treestand.
Thanks again,
Edge
Old 02-12-2002, 09:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

I think using the swamp edge is a pretty good idea. If you can find a good funnel leading to the field that would be ideal. I would agree that watching the field from afar could give you some valuable insight as to where the deer are coming out and when. Make sure to keep the wind in mind if you hunt that southern stand.