Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

looking for a new bow - any suggestions

Old 01-04-2004, 08:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default looking for a new bow - any suggestions

I am looking for a new bow (bought a used Pearson Renegade about 5 years ago); I like the Renegade but it seems to have some tuning problems and I think it is time for something new; I would like to go with a bow that "looks" similar to my old one: it has a long axle-axle length (44") & solid limbs; I also want to stay affordable ($300); I like the looks of the PSE Dakota, also looked at Reflex Gamegetter along with others; does anyone have other suggestions, advice, etc.; also want to know advantages of single cams, 1/2 cams, wheels, etc.

Thanks
Old 01-04-2004, 08:41 PM

Default RE: looking for a new bow - any suggestions

The best bow for you is the bow that you choose. But you probably know that already. I prefer Bowtech stalker. It's very light and accurate. But the bow for me probably isn't the bow for you. At www.huntersfriend.com you can print out a bow by bow comparison which gives all the specks of almost all bow's on the market. It's very helpful. Good luck.

Old 01-04-2004, 11:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Parker Hunter Mag runs about $319. For a very good kit you could look at the Pearson 440 Quad/kit, for about $380. The Pearson gives you arrows, release, stabilizer, and all. Everything.
Old 01-05-2004, 09:32 AM

If i were you i'd go wiht a hoyt, you can never go wrong with them, i bought a fred bear trx a year in a half ago and i like it but i also like hoyt a lot, i recommend that.