Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Illinois Outfitters???

Old 01-04-2004, 06:00 AM

Default Illinois Outfitters???

Looking for a semi-guided rut bowhunt for this year,would like to stay in Pike County,Greene County area. I know it's a little cheaper for a semi-guided hunt, looking for something under $1500 lodging included. Any help would be appreciated,,,,Thanks.
Old 01-04-2004, 08:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Illinois Outfitters???

Z71, e-mail sent.
Old 01-04-2004, 06:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hunted with Illinois trophy bowhunters 1n 2000 and 2003. In 2000 I shot a nice 10pt, and last year had a few good chances at some nice bucks. They have some nice farms to hunt. email me if you like
Old 01-04-2004, 07:57 PM

We also use Illinois Trophy Bowhunters,great people going back next year with 10 people third week of bow season . I don't think they have semi-guided with lodging, but we pulled a camper up last year and they had us a place to camp worked a lot better than the hotel
Old 01-04-2004, 08:40 PM

Do you have any info (website,phone #) looking to book something this month,,Thanks
Old 01-04-2004, 10:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

ILLINOISTROPHYBOWHUNTERS.COM. Ask for guide Jerry Davenport and tell him that you know Ed from PA. I gave him a HOYT bow for a tip after the hunt I got the 10pt. Real nice guide. They also have lodging on semi-guide hunts, it's 25$ a day on top of the price of the hunt. I did'nt have Jerry last year and I wish I had, Jerrys hunters went 6for6 that week I was there. I will say the lodging is not 5 star but they have some nice farms to hunt. I was there the 2nd week in Nov and I seen about 35 bucks. Two were real nice shooters,the reast were some shooter 8pts that I passed on and 4,6, and some spikes. I should of taken a shot at a 11pt 135p@y but waited for a better shot and I was winded by a Doe. The last day had a 10pt 140 and I was busted by a doe again. It was my fault, got to my stand late. that story is in another post on this board. Great Hunting In Illinois, can't wait to go back!!!!!!!!!!
Ps: already working on wife
Old 01-05-2004, 12:57 PM

I can't get that web-site to come up,is it under something else???,,,Thanks
Old 01-05-2004, 02:38 PM

i have a friend in here in Washington County IL that guides i beleive. If youd like, ill dig up the brochure i have and give you the info.but if your not interested in the county i didnt feel like doing any sort of work
Old 01-05-2004, 03:23 PM

Hey Big Country...Shoot me off an email too. I've hunted the Shawnee several times on my own, but a relatively inexpensive hunt as prevously mentioned gets some serious consideration if the lease is good. Thanks...Jim
Old 01-05-2004, 06:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Jim, e-mail sent.

Quick Reply: Illinois Outfitters???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.