Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

number 1 bow

Old 01-04-2004, 01:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: number 1 bow

If you really get down to it,PSE is #1 in sales.Think about how many start out with one of their models.They sell them in every catalog and store in the country.

I personally think that Hoyt makes the best PRODUCTION bow out there.Their accuracy is second to none and the geometry and shootability is awesome.There limbs have also proven to be the industry standard right now.I am also a really big fan of the cam 1/2.The problems that 1 cams have really turned me away from them but it really isn't a problem for the average shooter.

Mathews and Bowtech are very similar in riser designs but their cams are very different and I for one hate the feel of their cams, but I have not tried the new Bowtechs that are supposed to be easier to draw.The LX, HP hurt my shoulder for a week after I pulled one back.I am also not a fan of the grips on either,BUT in no way am I saying they don't make a quality bow,just not for me.

Martin is a company that I really like and I really like their new bows but there have been a few issues in the past that I really would like to know have been addressed.They do have some of the most accurate bows in the world.

Parker is just too light but if that is what you want,then that may be your favorite bow.Being light really adds to hand shock but that is very easy to overcome with sims and really doesn't affect the way they shoot.

The Kodiak bows have really intrigued me and I would like to try the 36" model but the limbs scare me with the way they are cut out.That should completely eliminate limb shift but that should also cause a weak spot.

You can see how personal a bow choice is and there is no real way to say one is better than the other.Most of the upper end bows are going to do an excellent job and there are some low end bows that are really nice too.

Don't get caught up in what the advertisements say about wins.The fact is that Mathews dominates 3-d strictly because of the number of shooters and Hoyt dominates the rest because of how many shoot their bows.They both make a bow capable of winning when put in the right hands.I personally feel the Hoyts give the shooter a little extra for the really long tournament shooter but that is my opinion.