Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

number 1 bow

Old 01-03-2004, 08:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: number 1 bow

shoot what ever bow fills right for you.now matter what name is on it!
Old 01-03-2004, 08:20 PM

browning for now
Old 01-03-2004, 08:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm curious who has the largest bow sales (in $). My bet would be Hoyt. Does anyone know?

Thanks!
Old 01-03-2004, 10:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Shoot a bunch of bows and get what feels best to you. I thought Mathews was the best there was, and checked out the legacy, LX, and the Icon. Liked them all. Shot a Hoyt Razortech and liked it just as well. I ended up with a Bowtech EX VFT because it felt right. All of the others were nice too. I did check out Parker, AR, and a few others that just werent to my liking. They are all good bows, just personal preferance.
Old 01-04-2004, 08:56 AM

I have been surfing on this site on and off for a year and I'm pretty sure I haven't seen anyone talk about Kodiak Outdoors bows. I worked for Gander Mt. for 6 mos. (the mangement was a joke the pay sucked that's another topic) and a buddy of mine has a pro shop in which I help him out when it's busy and I've bow hunted for 20 yrs. So I have shot everymake out there (not every model though) and played with all the big sellers from year to year and if you guys get a chance go shoot this bow. The things that impress me the most are, very light, VERY quiet, good speed, Great balance before and after the shot, you can change draw let-off and length without a bow press, and they are a small company (like mathew's, bow-tech and the rest use to be) so they're customer service is great. They come in 32'' axle to axle & 36'' axle to axle and have gone to winner choice strings and buss and retail from $500 to $600 depending on who's selling them. Go give'em a try I haven't shot anything that compares to them. BTW they are extremely accurate also.....
Old 01-04-2004, 09:03 AM

This would be my guess as far as sales numbers from what I consider the big 4 bow companys:

1. Hoyt
2. Mathews
3. PSE
4. Bowtech

Does anyone have any exact numbers?
Old 01-04-2004, 11:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Belle Island

Does anyone have any exact numbers?

Yes... I'm very certain that Hoyt, Mathews, PSE and Bowtech all have their own exact numbers...
Old 01-04-2004, 11:27 AM

Yes... I'm very certain that Hoyt, Mathews, PSE and Bowtech all have their own exact numbers...

And I don't see any of them jumping to release any of that info
Old 01-04-2004, 12:27 PM
Super Moderator

These topics are funny.

Hoyt, Matthews, PSE and who knows what is next. I would wager that Bowtech is not even in the top 5 for sales. Its hard to find a Bowtech dealer around here and I don't even know anyone who shoots a Bowtech personally.
Old 01-04-2004, 12:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot a CHAMPION bow, so its got to be #1!!!!

In all honesty it is the best bow I've ever shot, and I've shot Mathews, Hoyt, Pearson, and Golden Eagle. Never had a chance to shoot a Bowtech yet.

Quick Reply: number 1 bow

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.