Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

where do u shoot

Old 01-05-2004, 01:18 PM

Default RE: where do u shoot

A HAIR right behind the front shoulder!
Old 01-05-2004, 02:14 PM

I might shoot for the yellow

Old 01-05-2004, 03:11 PM
Fork Horn

I prefer the walkin away at around 10-20 yards and the shot directly to where the neck and skull meet, definitly very deadly, if they don't present that shot I guess a double lung will work. Hit them in the lungs and take the air out of them, that is the best way to go.
Old 01-05-2004, 05:44 PM

If I can get a good heart shot I will take it. I f not double lungs.
Old 01-05-2004, 09:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

What I want to know is how did that little quad perform pulling out those 3 deer DAN B?

I agree aim for boiler room, might as well give yourself the highest % shot. I prefer lower double lung like the picture shows puts more on the ground and they don't go as far.
Old 01-06-2004, 08:16 AM

Well, when I shoot at a deer I aim for the exit point. For me it is where David has his red mark, only on the far side of the deer. When I have the sight pin in a straight line to that far exit point the entrance point is set. What I want is for the arrow to enter the deer, travel through the vitals and exit right around that far front leg. The lower the exit hole, the easier the blood can drain.

the entrance point changes with each step and turn the deer may take, but my exit point is always the same...

I have had a lot of success useing this method. You will to if you can understand what I am talking about and then learn to do it.
Old 01-06-2004, 08:33 AM

Well, I aim for their foot man. If ya break there foot then they can't walk no more! LOL

I aim for the lungs and have learned to beware of that big ole shoulder blade.

TBO
Old 01-06-2004, 11:13 AM
Fork Horn

As tight to the shoulder as I can without getting into the bone. I also shoot for the bottom 1/3 of the body.
Old 01-06-2004, 12:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Kyle
Are you joking?
Old 01-06-2004, 03:12 PM
Fork Horn

W.I.M.P.,
That is my favorite shot, the back of the head execution style. In all honesty the best shot and only shot should be to take the air out of their sails. This year I did shoot a doe though about a week and a half ago at around 5-8 yards as she walked under my stand and away from me. I was up around 24 feet and I hit her square in the back of the head, the most humane and quick kill the animal could get. However this is a shot that should never be taken, and I am not proud to say I released an arrow. But most importantly in your shots you must be confident, and have lots and lots of practice under your belt.

Quick Reply: where do u shoot

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.