Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Peep Sight Problems

Old 02-07-2002, 06:04 PM
Fork Horn

Default Peep Sight Problems

I am looking to change peeps I have a problem with the traditional tie in ones, when I use them I can't see because of the glare off the string. I current use a peep with a tube aliner but I am wanting to get away from it because of the performace loss. I have been thinking about a timberline no-peep but I think it would give some problems while hunting with the unknown shot angles and funky shooting positions you sometimes have. Do you guys or gals have any ideas?
Old 02-07-2002, 06:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Peep Sight Problems

check out the hindsight, I think the adress hindsite.com or somthing like that. I made one myself for testing and the principal works well, but is best used with only one pin.

TAKE YOUR KIDS HUNTING AND YOU WON'T BE HUNTING FOR YOUR KIDS
Old 02-07-2002, 06:35 PM
Fork Horn

I use a pendulum sight so I bet it won't work for me. My new bow a Pro38 dual cam may shot flat enough to allow me not to use a pendulum, I can't judge distance at all, no matter what I try I just can't do it.
Old 02-07-2002, 08:22 PM

I agree with the "hindsight" it works excelent but when you are drawen back you have to make sure that your anchor point is consistant more so at your different shooting angles. Try maybe not to use a peep sight if this doesn't work for you take more time in shooting. Carl Ellik
Old 02-07-2002, 09:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have the hind sight and it is great
will even let you know if you are torquing the bow
my front sight is the trophy ridge flatliner
Old 02-08-2002, 12:04 AM

Well big country
My money is on the no peep but it is what ever you are comfortable with. It is fairly easy to work with. Getting it set up is good to do with some help. My neighbor helped me and he has one and won't shoot without it just loves it. My uncle gave me mine, said he didn't like it. I think he had problems setting it up by himself. The no-peep will help you in those funky shooting positions to have the same form as if you were on the ground shooting with good form. So it doesn't cause the problems it will help solve them or atleast keep your form the same. Oh and they even work on those mathews bows.