Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

need some advice soon(clock is ticking)

Old 12-28-2003, 11:26 AM

Default need some advice soon(clock is ticking)

Want to know when would be the best time to hunt today?Being i have certain obligations to do,but have 2 hours of free time to go hunting and I want to go at th best time.
You see the last couple of days it's been pretty warm out ,and now the snow is all gone pretty much as of today.But it's suppose to cool down tonight sometime,down in the 20's and stay there for a couple days.I feel late this afternoon would be good but then again ,sometimes i heard of them moving during the day also.Presently it's very sunny ,but later this afternoon it's suppose to be partly cloudy with a chance of snow. Also do you think they will be feeding on my little corn pile in the woods or eating in the field like last nite.Their very timid.

Please respond
Tanner1`
Old 12-28-2003, 11:58 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: need some advice soon(clock is ticking)

tanner1
I live in eau claire,about 25 miles from you. I have been baitng a stand for about 3 days, the deer and turkeys have been hiting it hard. I hunted this stand
yesterday from 2:30 to dark I didnt see athing. On dec 15 I had a 6&8 pt
come in to this stand same time frame. I think the deer are coming after dark.
I hope not Im going to hunt this stand again monday night. One thing I noticed they have been riding snomobiles in the field about a 100 yrds from my stand
this might have something to do with it. good luck
Old 12-28-2003, 12:07 PM

Thanks for the reply jag-mag, Ihad a timer up ,and they were feeding alot between 3 and 4 in the morning[:'(] But when i seen them last nite i thought i migt get chance yet.Specially now with the snow gone.
Old 12-28-2003, 12:18 PM

I would say right at sunrise, until about 9am, the deer here in IL, are moving, and feeding, they use the fields more than the woods, so I have been forced to move my stand to the field, they move right at sunrise, and till about 8, you might get some straggalers later!
Old 12-28-2003, 06:34 PM
Typical Buck

Had seven deer come out for me Friday evening. Fawns just ran around like crazy. I had never seen that much activity from a group of fawns. Our deer in western IL are grouped up.

I was hunting a field edge watching patches of clover and grain sorghum. The field is split up with timber and brush strips to allow deer travel. Of course that channels the deer by the various stands.

We can't bait here in IL. I see my deer this time of year in the fields and food plots.

Good luck!

LLBUX