Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Champion vs. Bowtech write up

Old 12-24-2003, 07:55 PM

Default Champion vs. Bowtech write up

Wanted to let you know that there is an extensive test that has been performed between the new Liberty from Bowtech and the new Diablo from Champion. Be forewarned though, the write up is long and the the details are exhaustive.

Still, a very impressive read all the same.

Head to head
Old 12-24-2003, 10:41 PM
nub

Default RE: Champion vs. Bowtech write up

By a final score of 116-108, the winner.

Old 12-25-2003, 12:20 PM
Typical Buck

What a great article!

I very much enjoyed the head to head comparison and hope the day comes when all bows are tested in such a manner. It will certainly encourage the bowmakers to be more accurate in their advertising and manufacturing practices.
Old 12-26-2003, 09:38 AM

It's an interesting read, but don't put too much stock into it. Much of it, was based on subjective results and some items may be very important to you that are not reflected as very important in the test. For instance, straight nock travel was much better in the Champion, and it got a point for it. The liberty was only fractionally better in the noise department with string leeches, (a difference the human ear couldn't detect), yet it also got a point for that. Another item, factory strings, was well in favor of the Bowtech, yet I would replace either with a custom string that would be great on either bow.

A lot of emphasis was placed on manufacturer's specs matching the bow's actual specs. This doesn't affect the shooting of the bow. The two bows, practically tied, yet a point goes the the winner - Bowtech. The same number of points that went to the Champion for having the best groups. Better groups is far more important to me.

I personally would have weighted categories far differently than they did in this test. However, I did like seeing the detailed specs of each bow, and it sure beats the average review that one reads.
Old 12-27-2003, 07:51 AM

Having been part of the test you refer to, it was fun to shoot these bows without any changes being made in either for draw weight, draw lenght or arrow setup.
This test put me at a disadvantage on both bows as it did others, I don't normally shoot more than 60lbs at 28 draw. It was not my release and I was tired from working 10 hours that day. Walked in cold and started the test having not laid eyes or hands on either before that day.
Mike and his staff did a great service by providing the test and results to the public free of charge, WHAT OTHER BOW DEALER DOES THIS? WHAT WOULD HE GAIN FROM THIS? He sells many brands so biased opinons was of no need to anyone.[8D]
Old 12-27-2003, 05:57 PM

ttt