Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Any Bowhunting Firemen?

Old 12-21-2003, 05:27 PM

Default Any Bowhunting Firemen?

Hey Brothers....Along with being a brotherhood in the fire service I see a similarity in the outdoors. I am even closer with guys on the job who hunt. Thought this would be a great way to get some contacts when people are in from out of town etc.... I am a fireman in Charlotte NC originally from Ohio assigned to Ladder 23. Are there anymore guys on the job out there??? Send a shout!!
Old 12-21-2003, 06:10 PM

Default RE: Any Bowhunting Firemen?

I bet there are plenty of FF's on these boards. But I know what you mean about being a little closer with the guy's you hunt with. If it wasn't for a more senior FF when I started, I don't believe I would be into hunting and shooting nearly as much as I'am now. I'm just shocked at the younger guy's now, hardly any of them hunt, shoot or sling arrows at 3D targets.

Steve
IAFF #2289
Old 12-21-2003, 07:04 PM

Steve, Good to hear from you. Unfortunately the guys here all have their places that they hunt in the south and all my places are still midwest so it's hard to get them to go out there with costs of travel etc, but it's still great sit around and BS about stories. Keep in touch

Jay IAFF #660
Old 12-21-2003, 09:01 PM
Spike

I am an volunteer FF. Most of the guys in the company hunt, only myself and another are bowhunters. There is a lot of time that goes into being a vol. ff , training, fund rasiers, and more training. I have been a volunteer for 17 years.
Old 12-21-2003, 10:59 PM

Volunteer here also. F.F., Rescue Tech, Whitewater Rescue Tech, and EMT. It's the best way I can give back to my community that has given so much to me and my family.
Old 12-21-2003, 11:22 PM

LOCAL 64-KCK
Old 12-22-2003, 07:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Firemen #5 Pesotum Volunteer Fire Protection District

Most of the volunteers are also farmers with lots of land Its good to have good friends!
Old 12-22-2003, 07:48 AM

Career Firefighter in NE Ohio.
Looking for a new bow for 2004, looking at a Mathews or a Bowtech.

Firefighting for a living, hunting on your days off. What a life!

Jackson Professional Firefighters, IAFF Local 2280
www.jacksonfirefighters.com

Old 12-22-2003, 12:04 PM

Travis Thompson, Firefighter
Topeka Fire Department, Topeka, Kansas
Engine Company No. 7
Old 12-22-2003, 02:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

i'm not a fireman, i just do controlled burns, but i am closer to the ones that hunt.....i think it would be the same if anyone had the same things in common with the others...

Quick Reply: Any Bowhunting Firemen?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.