Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

MY FIRST SEASON, FIRST DEER!!!

Old 12-16-2003, 08:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: MY FIRST SEASON, FIRST DEER!!!

Dang! vanden10, welcome to the board, and congrats on a great buck!
Old 12-16-2003, 10:59 AM

NICE DEER! and specs....points, weight?
Old 12-16-2003, 11:10 AM

Nice 1st. buck vanden 10. You must pray a lot. Most of us go years without even seeing a beauty like that bruiser. Take your time but we would all love to hear the story behind that big boy. Shall look forward to you posting us on the details.
Old 12-16-2003, 11:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

NICE!!
Now you're spoiled for the rest of your hunting career.
Great job.

I'm a bit jealous, though. I had to wait for three years to arrow one.
Old 12-16-2003, 11:47 AM
Typical Buck

awesome buck vanden, congrats!!!
Old 12-16-2003, 04:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Old 12-16-2003, 05:23 PM

Well he only weighed like 150 pounds. He was 8 pointer but has 2 kickers and a little drop tine on the right side, and one kicker on the right. I had him scored before the 60 day period just to see wat it would score around and he netted 151 and 5/8 then he had 11 inches in deductions and so he scored 140 and 5/8.

Heres how it started: I live really close to a coulee. And every now and then i would walk through the coulee. Then as I was walking through the coulee just before season had started I saw this nice buck and decided that I was gonna hunt there. So morning before and after school I would sit out there until it was time for school or dark. I eventually figured his patterns and trails he took. He came through every 3 or 4 days. So I sat up my treestand really close to the trail. The day before opening morning I saw him come through but i didn't really have my bow set up. THen I went and got it ready and I hadn't seen him for a couple of days so i figured he would come through soon. Saturday morning I went and set up and in about 15 minutes I heard some splashing at the creek to the right of my stand and looked over and I saw him. Instantly I started shaking. He came up out of the creek and jumped the fence and started coming my way. But when he jumped the fence he bolted and I didn't think he would stop. THen all of sudden he stopped 8 yards in front of my stand. THen he lowered his head and I drew back and let go of the string. Instantly the arrow found its mark and the deer dropped right on the spot.

Now Im going to get him scored oficially and I already have a nother deer lined up for next season!!
Old 12-16-2003, 06:14 PM

You did your homework!!! Great job on a super buck. Took me 22 years to get a P&Y buck.

Keep up the hard work, it always pays off.
Old 12-17-2003, 06:04 AM
Boone & Crockett

Congratulations. Now you are hooked for sure!
Old 12-17-2003, 07:13 AM

WOW,What a great deer!!!..Don't feel bad,I'd still be shaking!!!Congrats,Bob

Quick Reply: MY FIRST SEASON, FIRST DEER!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.