Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What happened to Xi?

Old 12-14-2003, 05:34 PM

Default What happened to Xi?

Trying to research Xi and can;t find anything onthem? Anyone have any info on them?
Old 12-14-2003, 06:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What happened to Xi?

Only info I have is, I USED TO OWN ONE, Now I shoot Mathews.........
Old 12-14-2003, 07:37 PM

XI went out of business many years ago. The assets were purchased by Escalade Sports (which is the same group that purchased BEAR, Jennings, Fred Bear and Golden Eagle). Escalade Sports is controlled by Indian Industries.
Old 12-15-2003, 07:50 AM
Boone & Crockett

To add onto what Len posted, XI went out of production for about two years and then came out with a whole new lineup that could only be purchased via the internet. After a year or two even the website subsequently disappeared. I have not seen anything of them for over a year.
Old 12-15-2003, 08:47 AM

To Mathwesboy...

How was the quality of the bow you had? Wold you recomened it?

Thanks,

Tim
Old 12-15-2003, 09:31 AM
Typical Buck

Tim,

They were made from 2024 Aluminum which is softer but weaker than 6061.
XI felt, 2024 was superior because it absorbed vibration better according to their tests.
The risers weren't beefed up enough in some models and were prone to bending.
The limbs on the latter models were pretty well made from what I remember.
If you have one, have your Proshop look it over for any problems.
If you're thinking about buying one, I would recommend against it.
There are a ton of used bows on Archery Talk's Classified section at some great prices that would suit you better than an XI. JMO.

Sag.
Old 12-15-2003, 12:56 PM

everyone pretty much covered this except to say that there major down fall was the v max cam ,what a disaster ,i had one it was a piece of junk , i complained big time about it to my shops xi sales rep well they came out with a replacement call the velocity exterme (i still have it ),thye swapped me it for free, it still shoots good , i still have an xi nemisis also , when xi was a internet only company they offered to buy back their old bows,i think it was for 50 bucks toward the purchase of one of their new ones, they were only about 289 or somewhere in that ball park! but like sagittarius said and i had this happen to me the riser on my velocity was bent ,it was repaired by my local shop they unbent it and didn't charge me because they think that they may have done it ! it still shoots good ! until i can afford to get a second hoyt i'll keep it, it makes a good back up! you should look into buying something else though , xi limbs are good , but you can't get them anymore if one breaks !
Old 12-15-2003, 07:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

I bought an XI Impulse around 95 or so if I remember right and I still use it, never have had a problem with it. This was one of their lower end bows if I remember right. It's time for a new one next year, but the Xi has killed enough deer to earn a backup role...
Old 12-15-2003, 10:36 PM

This is why I ask..

My Father found a Left Handed Myles Keller signature Impulse Xi.. I am going to go and look at it soon so if there are any questions I should ask or defects I should look for please let me know. Also, If you have ever heard of this bow and have any feed back on it please let me know. The owner said he would be willing to get rid of it for $80. Deal? Steal? Lemon? I need a left handed bow.. as of right now I am shooting a right handed wood compound browing cobra form who knows when..

If you have anyother response or suggestions plaese let me know...

Thanks alot for the Insight so far... But, I am torn on what to do...

Tim Byrnes
Old 12-15-2003, 10:38 PM

( and I am left handed )

Quick Reply: What happened to Xi?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.