Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Went out to move my stand today and coud not believe my eyes!

Old 12-13-2003, 07:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Went out to move my stand today and coud not believe my eyes!

Went out to move one of my stands today and could not believe what I saw. Today was the first time I have been out this week and we have gotten about 4 inches of snow since the last time I was out there. It looked like a cow pasture, with trails wore down all the way to the dirt, ALL OVER THE PLACE! I didnt get to hunt today, but I will be out there tomorrow for sure. I set up my stand right off of an intersection of 3 trails, cant wait!!!!!
Old 12-13-2003, 09:47 PM

Default RE: Went out to move my stand today and coud not believe my eyes!

Have you hunted from this stand this year? Any sightings? I would say if you are surprised at the number of tracks, then the deer are probably moving through at night. I saw the same thing here last year.
Old 12-13-2003, 10:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

sure sounds like a great spot
Old 12-13-2003, 11:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

good luck out there and show was your pictures

Brian
Old 12-14-2003, 11:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

I havnt hunted this stand yet this year, I just moved it to this spot yesterday. Its in a big overgrown gravel pit, lots of big old trees in there, its no more than 5 acres. I normally hunt in a small strip of woods between the pit and a bean field. I know that they hang out in there becouse thats where they come from when they are going to the bean field. And now that we have snow and it is getting colder, they are really hanging out in there. I am going out in a little while, I just got home from church. I will post about my hunt when I get home today, that is unless I am out taking care of that big one that I am going to get.
Old 12-14-2003, 11:44 AM
Fork Horn

Sounds good.
Must be nice to go up there.
Good luck and let us know...
Old 12-14-2003, 04:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

sounds like you have a good spot to hunt but what i have noticed is that this time of the year because of the cold and snow the deer tend to herd up. when they cut through an area it looks like a hiway or a cow path because there are usually more than a couple deer but the signs could be a day or two old.. it looks like alot of sign but its not always. the fact you havent hunted this spot all year should help.
Old 12-14-2003, 04:48 PM

sounds like what happened to me.....but it was too late for me, the season was over. would sure like to hear how you made out. let us know! good luck buddy!!
Old 12-14-2003, 04:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well, I just got back. I have good news and bad news. The good news is that I saw more deer tonight than I saw all year put together, well, not really, but I did see 25 plus deer tonight, all does except for a button buck and a 4 pointer, but nothing came in close enough for a shot.I wasnt set up far enough in to the middle of the pit. I sat and watched them all go right up the middle. But it was still cool to see that many deer, everytime I turned around, there was 3 or 4. And yes, they are starting to herd up, when you would see one, you would see a bunch. I think I will only be able to get out 1 or 2 more times this year, I dont know if I should stay in that tree and hope for the best, or move farther into the middle. What do you all think?
Old 12-14-2003, 07:22 PM

I would move to where the deer are I don't see why you would stay in the same spot. Just move your tree stand a little futher in, and with that many deer coming in you could sit and pick. [8D] good luck!

Quick Reply: Went out to move my stand today and coud not believe my eyes!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.