Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

? Management Bucks?

Old 12-10-2003, 08:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: ? Management Bucks?

I don't know the "offical" recomendations, but the past 3 seasons we have stopped shooting any bucks or buttons unless they were a definite wall hangers. The first year was hard. The second year even harder (because we started seeing "nice bucks") This year was just plain fun! We have several(4 to5 ) Pope @ Young quality bucks and lots of really nice bucks, we are constintly passing up bucks. We do take some does for meat.

After just 2 seasons we had more nice bucks then we've seen in the past 10 years. YOU JUST HAVE TO LET THEM GROW UP!!!!!! Some of our smaller spikes and forks we think just may have been born very late. Some are even born in July(according to my game camera)

Let them grow! If you can get them from 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 you'll have some really nice bucks. Get them to 4 1/2 to 5 1/2........you'll have monsters!

Good Luck!