Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

ever get so mad at your bow you just about...

Old 12-09-2003, 01:44 PM

Default ever get so mad at your bow you just about...

just seein how many of us bow hunters experience frustrating problems to the extreme of wanting to toss your bow, was it your problem or a problem with the bow for me its one day i can shoot just fine, next day im shooting a foot to either side, i dont really have anyone to help me but gosh its friggen FRUSTRATING
Old 12-09-2003, 01:47 PM

Default RE: ever get so mad at your bow you just about...

My friend has tossed his bow a few times. Once it was his poor shooting, but once it was the bow. I don't remember what happened to it. It's kinda funny watching a $500 bow going through the air.
Old 12-09-2003, 02:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Same thing happens to me when I start analyzing my shooting. If i get frustrated I just go inside and wait until the next day.
Old 12-09-2003, 02:23 PM
Fork Horn

Most of the problems you experience is your own, not the bow.

I've never got mad at my bow because of my shooting.
Old 12-09-2003, 03:17 PM
Boone & Crockett

I have physically and mentally beat myself up on numerous occasions. Never blamed it on the bow. Just the operator. Most of the time it doesnt' get down to being the bows fault. It's the guy in the tree that didn't set up for the wind the right way or fumbles something, or has ant in his pants, or is caught with his pants down, etc............
My most shining moment was the all out brawl i got in with an oak tree. funny thing is that they dont' give very much and don't punch back either.
Old 12-09-2003, 03:28 PM

The last time I was at that point I almost shattered it into a million pieces off a tree .... what ended up being the cause of all the little problems I was having is a bow shop had reduced the draw length to my size 27 1/2" which was at the extreme range for the bow .. and shooting at 70 lb with the module at it's extreme caused the bow to ALWAY have problems, and always something different .. then just as it was heading for the trash can someone mentioned calling the factory direct .. who sent a new module for my draw length and then ..... not a single problem in almost 3 years

Sometimes .. it IS the bow!
Old 12-09-2003, 03:36 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: MA Jay

The last time I was at that point I almost shattered it into a million pieces off a tree .... what ended up being the cause of all the little problems I was having is a bow shop had reduced the draw length to my size 27 1/2" which was at the extreme range for the bow .. and shooting at 70 lb with the module at it's extreme caused the bow to ALWAY have problems, and always something different .. then just as it was heading for the trash can someone mentioned calling the factory direct .. who sent a new module for my draw length and then ..... not a single problem in almost 3 years

Sometimes .. it IS the bow!
Again, not the bow.

It was an incompetant bow shop employee. If he had fixed it right, you'd had no problems.
Old 12-09-2003, 06:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Oh my yes...thrown a couple...slammed one against a tree once..back in my younger crazier days

I had a bow from a major bow manufacturer this summer that gave me fits to no end. I was so glad to see that damn thing go. Some of it was technical, some of it was simply it just didn't "fit". I think I shot it better when it was broke
Old 12-09-2003, 07:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

I threw mine at a buck 2 weeks ago. Missed him clean. Wish I hadn't have done it because I am still replacing bent parts.
Old 12-09-2003, 07:23 PM

When I was 18-23 I was always pissed at my bow. I took a dozen years off of shooting and now I'm a lot more mature and much more educated about archery (read alot of books) Now I don't get angry, I just fix the problem with the bow or with me and get back to shooting.

I think that learning to do your own bow tuning and repairs goes a long way to learning to not get mad at your equipment. I paid for every one of my Larry Wise books in about a week of tuning and repairs.

The last two years of shooting, and especially the last 8 months have been the most enjoyable hobby time I have spent doing anything. If I was getting angry I'd just hang it up and move onto another sport.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.