Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

ever get so mad at your bow you just about...

Old 12-09-2003, 07:29 PM

Default RE: ever get so mad at your bow you just about...

PSE guy......get a mathews and you won't be pissed at your bow anymore
Old 12-09-2003, 07:58 PM

I have only ever got really mad one time, and, it was something that went out of whack with my bow. I was to the point where I was about ready to get rid of the thing, but, after having my tech guy check it out and fix it up, it was shooting perfect again. Since then, I havn't had a SINGLE complaint!!!!!

My best friend kind of threw his bow out of his stand. He made a hasty shot at a HUGE 10 point that was on edge, and he missed. He just shook his bow and it slipped out of his hand and fell 25 feet to the ground. The limb bent and just threw the bow back into the air again. Luckily, nothing happened to the bow by this, and after checking everything out and making sure it was shooting fine, he shot a nice doe a few days later!
Old 12-09-2003, 08:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have found that 95% of my problems with the bow are actually problems with me...but how can I be an incorrect shooter? I guess I will just blame the bow!!!
Old 12-09-2003, 09:02 PM

im not sayin its alway's the bow's fualt, b/c im sure its my problem but gosh its so FRUSTRATING!
Old 12-09-2003, 09:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

OH YAEH............. I used to get so mad ...... but as I have mellowed with age........... I find I dont throw it nearly as far now

On the serious side I have only ever once put my bow to the ground out of utter fustration and total disgust. No matter what I did to retune the bow or retune the archer I couldnt get consistant results from the bow..... it turned out to be a twisted upper limb on the bow...... and here I was blaming myself and fustrated the week before the World Championships to the point of tears .... and yes... Im guilty ..... this was the first and only time I have ever .... just stopped where I was standing at the practice range and dropped my bow to the ground....instead of throwing it,I had to or I was gonna throw it,[:'(] it only feel maybe 2 feet to the soft dirt... BUT...DANG IT FELT GOOD AT THE TIME, I was latter totally ashamed with my behavior and for letting it get to me[:'(]........ Live and Learn
Old 12-09-2003, 10:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've been known to not "put down my bow nicely" when I'm having a bad day and I'm going to retrieve arrows. However, I'm much more careful now with my bow since it and it's accessories cost me nearly a house payment! Plus, it shoots better than I can.
Old 12-10-2003, 05:48 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have never tossed a bow deliberately but I have become frustrated on numerous occasions. In some cases it was my fault either because of my form or some improper installation of accessories though in some cases it was also the result of poor manufacturing tolerances or a faulty component.
Old 12-10-2003, 05:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

When I was still fairly new at this game, there were times where I've been mad or frustrated with and the bow is just the handiest thing to throw. I actually have never thrown it though...really wanted to a couple times. Once I punched the tree after missing. I was young and dumb, so it didn't hurt.
Old 12-10-2003, 07:04 AM

Most of the problems you experience is your own, not the bow.
Well said. I cant blame my bow for my inconsistencies. If I shoot good 95% of the time I can't blame my off days on my weapon. In thoses instances I believe the problem to be user error.

With that said I can afford to throw my bow. I'd rather get a game cam or new cammies than replacement parts I've already paid for. To show how thrifty I am my bow is almost 10 years old. I truly believe if it a broke, don't fix it.

Be nice to your bow and it will be nice to you.
Old 12-10-2003, 07:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've found that giving the bow a royal cussing followed by a sound beating will usually subdue the beast to your will.

That's why I prefer traditional. At least when I'm not shooting good, I know where the problem lies (directly between my ears), or can do a quick check of two, and only two, things on the bow to find out real quick.

No need for going through a 100 point inspection of the bow like you do with a clankbow.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.