Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

TO HECK WITH ALL ANTI'S!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-03-2003, 10:16 PM

Default TO HECK WITH ALL ANTI'S!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lately it seems that most people on this board have been on pins and needles about anti-hunters. It seems that everyone is trying to be politcally correct. People are asking for posts to be removed because they are "fuel for anti's".

WHAT IS UP WITH THIS???????

I am a hunter, I go out in the woods with the intentions of KILLING an animal. I don't care who is offended by it, it is what I enjoy and love, and nobody is going to make me change my mind. I am not ashamed of what I do, and I am not going to bend over backwards to please anti-hunters. Screw them. I am not going to change their minds, and they sure as heck aren't going to change mine.

Come on guys, we don't harvest deer, we harvest crops. We KILL deer. It is what hunters do, and it is nature. We are animals and it is our natural instinct so why try to hide the fact behind these politically correct terms????? Are you ashamed of what you do? If you have go around trying to keep it a secret that you are a hunter, or you try to hide the fact that you kill animals behind words like harvest or bagged, then why even hunt?

I know, I know, anti-hunters are a threat to hunting. I can sorta understand why people don't want any conflict with them. But, I must ask you, if avoiding conflict means that you are going to try and hide your love for hunting, is it worth it?

Anti-hunters try to break up hunters into different groups, so that they can target certain groups at one time. They will try to stop hunting with dogs. Next it will be hunting over bait. Then muzzleloading. Next is archery. Finally, once they have narrowed it down, they will try to stop all remaining hunting seasons. But, another thing that they are doing is trying to make hunters look ashamed of what they do. Think about it. If PETA was to go to court against a bunch of hunters who were trying to hide their passion for hunting because they wanted to "avoid conflict", who is going to win? A group that is determined, or the group of hunters that acts ashamed of what they do?? We look weak when we keep backing down so we "avoid conflict".

I am sorry for ranting here, but, I for one am sick of it. I am a HUNTER, I KILL animals, then, I take them home, clean them up, cook them, and eat them furry little critters. Simple as that. I am not going to hide it. I don't care what others think about it, I am proud of what I do, and I am not going to act like I am not, simply to please a certain crowd of people who will always try to stop me from doing what I love.

Lets face it guys, anti-hunters REFUSE to listen to reasoning and NOTHING that you can say is going to change that. You can give them FACTS about population control, about how if hunting was stopped, animals would starve from overpopulation and spreading diseases. They just DON'T CARE. As long as I am not out their shooting animals, they don't care about what happens to these same animals. They refuse to look at the whole picture, so, I ask you, why try to teach these people anything? It is just a waist of time. I can see talking to people who don't hunt and aren't anti-hunters, the people who don't have a side. Yes, maybe talking to them about this would work, but, I am talking about the full blown anti-hunters. Like I said, nothing is going to change their minds.

So, in closing, I just want to say that I am sick of cattering to others. I am sick of seeing people act ashamed of hunting. If it is your passion, then why act ashamed? I am not going to change who I am, or change how I express what I do. I am not going to stop wearing clothes with hunting logos just to "please the crowd".

SCREW THE ANTI'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. Sorry, I just had to get that off my chest!
Old 12-03-2003, 10:32 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: TO HECK WITH ALL ANTI'S!!!!!!!!!!!!

WELL SAID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....it cracks me up to see what alot of people say to others in these forums....i thought we were on the same side about hunting....not to get in fights with each other with words on how he's a moron or what ever!!!!....let's just enjoy what we have before it's really GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...................... ..bob
Old 12-04-2003, 01:52 AM
Fork Horn

Buck I am going to agree with you that we shouldn't be ashamed of ourselves for being hunters. And yes the whole objective to a sucessful hunt is killing an animal.

But we as hunters are only 5% of the US population now, and its not the anti's that need convincing it's the neighbors that we all know that are sitting on the fence.

I presonally work with alot of different people every day that aren't hunters but they aren't anti hunting either, I love getting into discussions about game management and habitat restoration with these people because they are ill informed on the good that hunters have done not only for game animals but the eco system as a whole.

Most response that I get is favorable, but in some of the posts that I have read on these boards have used words like "kill all" and no matter how you look at that even if said in jest can and will be taken out of context to be used against hunters.

It is sad that in this day and age that anyone with a weapon outside of the city is considered a hunter. The reason I say it's sad is because news agencies report things like "Hunter Poaches Elk" or "Hunter Mistakes Horse For Deer".

You and I know that these people aren't hunters but they get lumped in with us just the same. So the only way that we can combat these kind of tactics is to police ourselves.

I know that i am getting a little long winded here, but a certian ammount of tact is acceptable. After all extremeists on either side of the issue are not looked highly upon by the voting public.

In finishing, for anything to live be it man or animal somthing else must die be it animal or plant.

good hunting and KILL a big one

Rogue
Old 12-04-2003, 05:08 AM
Boone & Crockett

Jason,

Buck I am going to agree with you that we shouldn't be ashamed of ourselves for being hunters. And yes the whole objective to a sucessful hunt is killing an animal.

But we as hunters are only 5% of the US population now, and its not the anti's that need convincing it's the neighbors that we all know that are sitting on the fence
I tend to agree with Rogue's statements. Though I feel no shame for being a hunter and am proud to voice my sentiments whenever questioned I do believe that we need to be careful of the way that we portray ourselves for the very reason that Rogue mentioned above.

In my mind it is about being intelligent enough to mount a form of attack different from the "full frontal"...
Old 12-04-2003, 07:50 AM

I enjoy hearing from the anti-hunter crowd. You can always respond to a known opponent. When I encounter a soul who is lost I merely ask them a few poignant questions. They tend to immediately go to a defensive mode. Ask them a few more ?'s and they start spewing the company line, loaded with psycho-babble. After carefully listening to them I lay down a touchy-feely response. They like that, they understand that and listen to a well reasoned series that frequently stop them in their tracks like a well placed broadhead from 10 yards. Keep in mind you will never change the mind of a full fledged nut case extremist. The majority of anti's have never talked to an educated hunter loaded with the facts. That majority is where we must educate one by one. Nobody ever said it would be easy but look at the alternatives. The very next time you take to your stand please reflect upon what I have said here today. The time you take to explain our issues to the anti's & and or fence sitters will ensure that you keep hanging your fanny in that stand. Thanks for helping our cause and keep stickin the shootables deftly.
Old 12-04-2003, 09:00 AM

I like anti's.They taste like chicken
Old 12-04-2003, 09:29 AM
Boone & Crockett

BM I haven't seen anyone here kissing an antis rear, if there is I would love to see an example.

As others have touched on the keys to maintianing our rights to hunt are the following:

1. Act like an adult, respond to antis with cold hard facts, they are on our side.

2. Let the antis do the name calling and demonstrating, we have no need to.

3. Education of non-hunters is vital, as a result we all need to make sure we know what we are talking about and be able to back it up with verifiable facts.

4. When speaking with an anti ask them for verifiable facts about thier stance.

5. We represent hunters because we are hunters, we have a responsibility to all our bretheren to be ethical law abiding hunters.

6. Never stoop to the level of an anti and start name calling, any one who calls some one else a name in a discussion has admitted defeat.

7. We need to police our own ranks, turn in the law breakers and in the case of this public forum we need to boot the unethical hunters and get rid of their post.

8. We need to educate our families, our friends and our neighbors, as with most things in this world, education is key, ignorance is death.

BM on number 7 the reason this is true is not to kiss the anti's arse, it is to keep the anti from using it as ammo against us with a non-hunter.
Old 12-04-2003, 10:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Speaking of hunting, have you stuck one yet BM?
Old 12-04-2003, 11:30 AM
Fork Horn

You don't know how hard I BITE on my tonque while being polite to these very lost and misquided people. Losing your cool in a debate WILL never further your cause.
Old 12-04-2003, 11:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

MmMmM chicken... good point philbert8... do vegetarians taste like vegatables?

i agree with Tazman on this one... we need to keep our cool in turn making us come out on top

Quick Reply: TO HECK WITH ALL ANTI'S!!!!!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.