Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

TO HECK WITH ALL ANTI'S!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-04-2003, 04:15 PM

Default RE: TO HECK WITH ALL ANTI'S!!!!!!!!!!!!

I understand what you guys are talking about, I agree that we should keep our cool. We should try and talk to people who aren't hunters and who aren't anti's, you know, the ones who don't have a side.

I am not talking about that, I am just talking about people who seem ashamed of hunting. People who try to hide the fact that they are hunters to avoid people knowing that.

In other words, you should be PROUD of being a hunter at all times, if you love it as much as you say you do!!!!
Old 12-04-2003, 04:46 PM

to tell the truth i really like anti's, i just cant ever finish a whole one

I dont think people are ashamed of hunting, some just feel like there is no need to start any unneeded confrontation. i feel that we shouldnt go around saying stuff that could be used against us, but if someone i know says stuff about me hunting i usually joke with them about killing bambie or watever. There is no need to say stuff that might make an anti feel like he/she/*it* has a purpose.
Old 12-04-2003, 04:46 PM

i hate anti's,,,, i had a argument 2 days ago about deer hunting and soon as i knew what she was talking about i flipped her a bird and walked away.not saying a word to a anti.

go deep hunt hard.

Old 12-04-2003, 04:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree with you 100% BM.A couple of years ago,I was bowfishing and this woman comes jogging by me and very seriously says,"Don't shoot me!"Well,I start flipping out on her yelling,"Do you actually think I'm that "Xpletive"stupid to mistake you for a carp.She just really pee'd me off terribly.I don't care about these idiots- I don't owe them an explanation or a reason for what I do or who I am.The cool thing was about an hour after this another women with 2 small boys started to walk my way.I thought to myself-here we go again.She came up to me and asked what I was doing because her sons were fascinated watching me shoot fish with a bow and arrow.So i took the time to explain to her and her kids what and why I was doing it and she thanked me for my time.
Old 12-04-2003, 04:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well said.. that was very thought out and I totally agree. I think one problem is slob hunters who go around bragging about how many deer they have hit (not neccessarly recovered) and talking about slaughtering deer w/o giving any respect to them (this manly affecting people that are not hunters but not anti either). I got this idea from Uncle Ted, whenever I "encounter" an anti if they try to push their crap on you, you simply say "because you said that i'm going to go kill 5 more animals" shuts them up real quick.
Old 12-04-2003, 09:10 PM

Uncle Ted always has something smart to say. I like the post about the guy who was carp shooting, and talked to these two kids about bowfishing and got them interested in the sport. But i think that is our problem. Todays youth is not going out to the wild outdoors they are staying inside playing video games, and not experienceing the wild. And as those kids grow ingorant to the ways of hunting. And are easily convieced that hunting is not needed. Lets face it guys there are a lot more weekend worries out there who go hunting to shoot everything that comes up, wounding animals, not retrieving animals etc.. and gives us, true hunters a bad name, which makes those "not informed" people frawn upon hunting.
Something needs to be done about this. Not in just how we prevail ourselves in an arguement or discussion with a anti, but to the public who hasn't taken sides, we need to get those people informed. I know that some states have programs such as the outdoor arama, but a lot of states do not. I live in indiana now, and there is not a lot of information getting out to kids,parents, moms, dads, grandpas, grandmas to let them know of hunting and what it really is about. So what can I do, what can we do?
Sorry this is off the topic, but reading this got me thinking. And i agree with all you guys, we shouldn't be ashamed of our passions in life. Mine happens to be hunting and thats who i am, thats what i am... a hunter.