Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Well While I Was Eating Turkey Look What Walked By My Stand!!! (pics)

Old 12-03-2003, 07:18 PM

Default Well While I Was Eating Turkey Look What Walked By My Stand!!! (pics)

Well I have 2 stands one on each end of a ridge that is simply torn up with buck sign. In a 50 yard circle on the point of this ridge are 12 scrapes and 6 rubs. I had been hunting these 2 stands for most of the season and did see 2 nice bucks. I knew from the sign that there had to be a couple more bucks in the area so I setup my Deer Cam on one of the scrapes in hopes of getting a picture of the buck. Well I hunted until 11:30a.m. on Thanksgiving and came out to eat dinner. The following day I pulled my Deer Cam and got the pics developed. To my disbelief the buck came through right by my stands at 12:38 on Thanksgiving day. What's the odd's of the one day I don't hunt daylight till dark in November he shows up???? HAHA. At least he wasn't a monster buck but rather a nice 8-pointer with long G-1's. I guess he will be a good one next year! If you look right in front of the buck you will see a pine tree with the top broke out and if you look between his legs you can see the top of the pine tree that he broke off laying on the ground.

Old 12-03-2003, 07:29 PM

Default RE: Well While I Was Eating Turkey Look What Walked By My Stand!!! (pics)

sorta a good day bad day don't ya think , at least you know they are around nice pic....
Old 12-03-2003, 08:07 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Well While I Was Eating Turkey Look What Walked By My Stand!!! (pics)

Man... even the deer are ugly in West Virginia. I guess what they say about everyone being related carries over to the deer.[8D] Looks like he's rutted out a tad but his neck isn't swollen. So tell me.... was the turkey worth it?
Old 12-03-2003, 09:20 PM

great pic!
Old 12-04-2003, 08:22 AM

What a kick in the nads! Next year it will be turkey sandwiches in the tree I guess. You're right though, He will be a beaut next season.

I can almost make out the smile onthe bucks face
Old 12-04-2003, 09:17 AM
Fork Horn

Nice Pic...

I thought I was the only one with that kind of luck.
Old 12-04-2003, 09:24 AM
Typical Buck

rockin picture, thanks to those trail cameras we can all see what we're missing, just extra motivation to sit longer....awesome pic, good lookin buck
Old 12-04-2003, 06:13 PM

Davidmil- Nope it wasn't, next year I am taking along some turkey sandwiches!!!!

Yep it sure does look like that buck was just posing for the camera with a smart little grin on this face. That's okay because on Sunday I went back and walked the entire area around this ridge and I found his core bedding area. So next season the only camera this buck will be seeing is one with me smiling and holding up his rack!!