Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Don't you just love playing chess with deer.

Old 12-03-2003, 07:16 PM

Default Don't you just love playing chess with deer.

It drives me bonkers! But when you win the game it is worth it.
Two weeks ago I got a doe and could have shot the button buck that was with her but chose not to. Then another doe came in with a buck not far behind. They stay just out of range. Today I sat in a tree where they were. The buck comes in a different way and makes a scrape 20 yrds from the tree that I sat in 2 weeks ago. I have a new move for my next outing.
I hope that he survives this weekend (2nd gun season) so that we can continue our game.
Old 12-03-2003, 07:41 PM

Default RE: Don't you just love playing chess with deer.

It is better than Chess. The deer get to make all the rules then they get to change the rules without telling you. You then have to figure out the new rules before they change them again. Fortunatly their curiosity often gets the better of them.