Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Is this bow any good

Old 12-03-2003, 09:03 AM

Default Is this bow any good

I found this on E-bay and was wondering about the quality. Also was wondinerg can draw length be adjusted? How much?

(here is the description)
UP FOR AUCTION IS A REFLEX (DIVISION OF HOYT) COMPOUND BOW..LEFT HANDED..SPLITLIMB!..55-70LBS.,,,,,NOT SURE WHAT THE DRAW IS..MOSSY OAK CAMO STYLE..COMES WITH CABLE GUARD..BUT NEEDS A NEW STRING..FAST SHOOTING BOW!..ACCEPTING CASH,CASHIERS CHECK OR MONEY ORDER..SHIPPING 15.00..THANKS FOR VEIWING!..FREE SHIPPING WITH BUY IT NOW!!!... i also have a bear micro hunter listed hear on ebay. its like the browning micro midas...

Thanks,

Tim
Old 12-03-2003, 09:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Is this bow any good

Ask the sellar if the draw length is listed on the bow.
Old 12-03-2003, 10:50 AM

Reflex makes good quality bows, and I believe all are draw length adjustable. The question you should ask is, what model is it? They make about 5 or 6 different models. From there, you can research it and find what you want. I'm concerned about the wording in the add also. It says "comes with cable guard". Well duh, most do now days. This makes me wonder if it's still in the box and not assembled for shooting. If that's the case, then why does he (how would he know) say it's fast? and why does it need a new string??? Dry fired maybe??
Old 12-03-2003, 11:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

I nosed around over there and looked at the pics. I don't know what model it is, but it's an older one with command cams. Those cams have a lot of draw length adjustment, but no telling whether they'd adjust enough to fit you. Also, it's got a busted string. No telling how it happened, but it could very likely have been dry fired. If it was dry fired, it's likely to have even more damage. Before I'd buy a bow in that condition, I'd want to have it in my hands and give it a good inspection, top to bottom.

To be honest, this is one I'd recommend passing up.
Old 12-03-2003, 11:32 AM
Fork Horn

Kind of strange selling a compound bow without a string[&:]

To my way of thinking, if wasn't worth $20 for a new string before putting it up for auction, it ain't gonna be worth $20 after.

You mileage may vary,

UR
Old 12-03-2003, 01:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Reflex is not a bad bow. However, it will not be a good buy for you if the draw length cannot be adjusted to fit you. Draw length is the most important aspect of a compound bow.