Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How do I contact API?

Old 12-02-2003, 03:15 PM

Default How do I contact API?

I need to purchase a replacement chain for my API Bowhunter Climbing stand. I have called and left messages with API FOUR times and cannot get them to return my calls! Does anyone have any idea how to get ahold of them?

Thanks.
Old 12-02-2003, 03:49 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: How do I contact API?

Well, they were purchased by Outland Sports a couple years ago. They had a link on their website until recently. There were rumors of bankrupcy etc and the link disappeared. You might look and see if it's back.

I just did a search and don't find it on Outland Sports anymore... but I did find this link. Sounds like they're a separate division or something. Anyway, here's a link that shows email, customer service, etc

http://www.outdoorsupply.com/apicustserv.htm
Old 12-02-2003, 04:17 PM
Typical Buck

I thought i remember reading something about them being bought out again by Cabelas, and Bass Pro. Something about the stands being built over seas now too. Not positive on this but you might want to conact Bass Pro or Cabelas to see if they can help you.
Old 12-03-2003, 06:11 AM
Spike

I don't think you can get ahold of them. I bought an API stand this year, and got it home to find out that one of the straps was missing. I tried to call them several times, got answering machines and left messages... After 3 or 4 days of not hearing anything from them, I took it back and bought a Summit instead.
Old 12-03-2003, 06:18 AM

To contact the people who made your API stand you would have to call CHINA.
Old 12-03-2003, 09:20 AM

Thanks. This doesn't sound good. I emailed them and we'll just see what happens.

BTW, if anyone knows another way to get a replacement chain for my climber could they let me know.

Thanks Again!
Old 12-03-2003, 01:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Don heard it right for the rest of you. API as a company is no more. Bought out and being made in China now. Cabela's and Bass Pro are to have exclusive rights as to their sale. Check with one of them for parts.
Old 12-03-2003, 03:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

FUNNY THAT THIS POST IS UP!!!! I HAD PROBLEMS FOR ABOUT 4 WEEKS, LEAVING MY NAME & NUMBER, BUT FINALLY GOT THEM ON THE PHONE. TRY EARLY IN THE MORING LIKE 9 OR 10am. ALL I NEED WAS THE FOAM & CAMO MATERIAL FOR THE FOOTREST, AND THE BAR YOU SIT ON AS YOU CLIMB, HAD A BEAR EAT IT, LOL!!! WHAT THEY TOLD ME WAS THEY HAD PROBLEMS, BUT ARE BACK IN BUSSINESS, BUT SHORT HANDED, GOOD LUCK!!!!
Old 12-03-2003, 03:21 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]