Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

confused... need help!!

Old 12-02-2003, 01:08 PM
Typical Buck

Default confused... need help!!

I moved to Illinois after getting resident hunting permit from MO. I've been hunting in MO. Well now I'm not sure if I want to continue to make my 1 hour drive or switch to Illinois and get my driver's license for here and get my tags for here for the rest of the season. Not sure what to do... ideas? For Illinois I'm looking at Horshoe lake area because it's closest, anyone know if it's a busy place? Does it get real full, etc? In Missouri I'm hunting in High Ridge for those who know where that's at (southern St. Louis area). Right off the bat, I think that I wouldn't want to do both because I don't think that would be honest...
Old 12-02-2003, 01:15 PM
mez
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: confused... need help!!

Better check the local laws. In most states if your physical residence changes to another state, your in state tags immediately are null and void. It doesn't matter that you lived there when you bought the tag it is the physical residence at the time of hunting.
Old 12-02-2003, 01:18 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: confused... need help!!

wasn't aware of that... I thought that since for all intents and purposes my "resident" status was still in MO. I'll have to check and maybe that will help me make up my mind.