Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

DMAP? Control permit!

Old 12-02-2003, 01:53 PM

Default RE: DMAP? Control permit!

Pine Hall! damn thats where i hunt .... private land on K-Fork rd and Bethesda church rd. great hunting area lots of deer and some real nice bucks roaming the area! cousin just tagged a 13 pointer on this spot on thanksgiving ....hope to land me a nice 10/11 pointer i've been watching, got his haunts just about pinpointed and walked through his bedroom this past weekend who knows maybe we'll meet up at Betty's sometime!
Old 12-03-2003, 11:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

If you go to Bettys you will see a pitiful 3 pointer I killed with a bow this year.

I hunt across the road from K-Fork (sort of) on Duggins Road. Sandy Ridge side.

Good luck..your in a great area!!
Old 12-03-2003, 11:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well good news, I talked to the guy and he is so happy I've killed 7 that he doesn't care if I spotlight or not. He said just kill as many as I could. (Of course I threw in there I had a 3 year old son at home and really couldn't be leaving him to go spotlight late at night.)

He told me about some bad exp. he had with hunters on his land in the past. Tearing up fields with ATV's drinking, etc. I've hunted there since Sept. this year and he's happy with me.

Ngtshade have you donated any deer? I was wondering about taking them to M. R. Griffin & Sons in stokesdale. They take part in the FHFH but I haven't been able to contact them. They are a lot closer to me than the other place.
Old 12-03-2003, 12:33 PM

Farm - do not confuse filling these permits with "hunting".

Your "Job" is to kill as many of these deer as you can - the farmers lively hood is at stake. IMO you should spotlight and fill all 75 tags.

If you do not have the stomach to do the job right - you should allow someone else too.

I know because I was in your shoes - and passed on it.
Old 12-03-2003, 12:34 PM

oops[]
Old 12-03-2003, 12:34 PM

oops again[&o]
Old 12-03-2003, 12:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

I understand.
It has made it a lot easier since the locals (mostly poor farmers) have told the land owner if I had extra deer they would like to have the meat. I have been giving the meat away to them. One little girl may have lukemia(sp?) and I have gave her father 3 deer because she loves deer hamburgers.

Also I have been trying to get in touch with a local slaughter house that is involved with FHFH (Farmers and Hunters Feeding the Hungry) but haven't been able to contact them by phone yet.

The way I see it (now) is, it needs to be done and a lot of hungry families will benefit from it.

Guess I will hang up my bow for a while and go to killing!