Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

bowhunt all next year.final desion

Old 12-01-2003, 08:43 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: bowhunt all next year.final desion

rock and roll bro!!! good luck to ya
Old 12-01-2003, 09:08 AM

IMO nothing in this world beats trying to match wits with big bulls during the rut. It' s the ultimate high.
I couldn' t agree more. I got to archery hunt the rut this year for the first time. We drew cow tags, but I could' ve filled out on 2 P&Y class bulls, within 10 yards. The sights and more importantly, the SOUNDS of hunting elk during the rut is just amazing.

As some of you might remember from an earlier post, I am extremely hard of hearing, so for me to get to hear an elk bugle, it' s even more amazing!
Old 12-01-2003, 09:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

I bowhunt exclusively now for deer and it cost me a big one this morning. I could' ve taken an easy 40 yard shot at a broadside deer with my gun (firearms season opened Sat), but I had only my bow and it was windy and enough branches in the way to make it an iffy bow shot. With my gun, I' d have been out of the woods before 8:00am.

I don' t regret my decision though . . . well, not too much!