Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Climbers?

Old 11-30-2003, 12:28 PM

Default Climbers?

I was looking into buying a climbing treestand for next bow season and i was wondering what everyone had and if they liked it. I would like to buy one that is quiet and easy to set up. Any ideas on what I should get? Thanks alot.

Bowhunter_45
Old 11-30-2003, 02:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Climbers?

I use an API and really like it. Though I am looking into a lone wolf for next year. They' re lighter and quieter for a big guy like me. Lots of folks here use Summit stands too.
Old 11-30-2003, 03:42 PM

Summit viper XLS, fits the bill for what you are looking for.
Old 11-30-2003, 03:48 PM

summit viper xls,the best stand there is.look at summit they have the best stands around.

go deep hunt hard.

Old 11-30-2003, 04:31 PM
Spike

I bought a summit broadhead backpacker this year and it' s been great. Easy to setup, comfortable, and lightweight. I also can' t say enough about how nice it is to have a climbing stand that folds up flat for carrying and storing purposes.
Old 11-30-2003, 04:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

i own a treelounge. they are kinda heavy (20 pounds) plus the bow adapter (like 5 pounds) but i love it. i bought it because my friend told me that you spend most the time in the tree. i dont go in too far b/c i am in NJ. i lent it to my friend and he hated it. he sed it was too heavy. i am a high school football player and am pretty fit, plus with the padded straps its not too bad. overally find what you want in a stand. i chose comfort and safety and have never looked back. my dad bought a viper and loves it. it is a personal choice. i like chevy blazers, he likes his f-150. its the same thing. all personal choice.
Old 11-30-2003, 04:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

viper .
Old 11-30-2003, 05:25 PM
Super Moderator

Had a Loggy Bayou for 10 years.....good stand. Tried an Ol Man original and Summit Cobra XLS.....good stands. Used a Lone Wolf alpha sit-n-climb for 2 years now......best climber I have ever used! If you want quiet, stability, fast hookup, and ease of mind....check out Lone Wolf.
Old 11-30-2003, 06:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have used a Summit, API, Lone Wolf and I have went back to the Summit Viper. The Lone Wolf is an excellent stand, it was just too small and uncomfortable for me. The API was a good stand too but it was the older model and from what I understand the new API' s have serious quality issues. The Summit or the Lone Wolf would be excellent choices. Both are of top notch quality and backed by great customer service!
Old 11-30-2003, 06:49 PM

Summit Viper XLS. It is as easy to climb with as you can get and its quiet too.[8D]

Quick Reply: Climbers?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.