Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Climbers?

Old 11-30-2003, 09:12 PM

Default RE: Climbers?

Viper XLS you' ll never regret it and you can lounge in it all day!
Quick Quiet and easy to set up
Old 12-01-2003, 03:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Depending on what your needs are Summit makes a stand for you. I really like the Summit Goliath or Viper. these stands are very quiet, stable, comfortable and super easy to setup and climb with. Summit stands in general are excellent in every way and are in my opinion offer the best compromise, of quiet, easy to use, stable preformance.
Old 12-01-2003, 04:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

www.summitstands.com
Old 12-01-2003, 04:53 AM
Fork Horn

I have a summit climber. Took it bowhunting once, cursed the whole time. This stand creaked when I shifted my weight. I tried following the instructions included on taking care of noise. I had two climbers earlier on, one was the original baker, which was quieter than this stand.
The stand has and will never go bowhunting again. I do take it gun hunting, I' ll just have to shoot before they get to close because the stand still makes noise when I slowly change position.
Probably the worse two hundred plus bucks I' ve ever spent on bowhunting gear!
Dan
Old 12-01-2003, 07:21 AM
Spike

A lot of Summit fans in here!..............lol......They are great stands but take a look at the Ol Man lineup as well.
Old 12-01-2003, 07:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have a steel framed Ameristep. It' s okay, it works, but after a 1/2 mile hike, it feels like I have a Volkswagon Beetle strapped on my back! [:' (] Not only that, but it is real finicky about which tree works best. The last hunt I did with it, the bottom platform decided to go " Oops" on me and slip downwards about an inch! Scared the living $*#&! outta me! [] Thank God for bungie cords, safety straps, etc...

Butch
Old 12-01-2003, 07:37 AM

dkbs,
Which Summit do you have. I am planning to order a viper xls this morning. I climbed with one for the first time a couple days ago and it was easy to use and I could move anywhere on the stand and it didn' t make a sound. Just wondering if yours has a deffect in a weld somewhere or what it is making the noise.
Old 12-01-2003, 07:38 AM
Fork Horn

I have an API Bowhunter Extreme and it works great. However, If I had $300 to spend I' d probably get the Lone Wolf because since the platform is solid cast aluminum it is quieter.