Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

help me with my late season

Old 11-29-2003, 04:30 PM

Default help me with my late season

http://www.geocities.com/poolplaya2k4/land.html is an aerial/topo map of an area i can hunt during bow, but the landowner lets his son and like 8-10 of his buddies gun hunt on this little parcel, real morons if ya ask me, but with all the deer they tend to push out where should i be concentrating my locations to and will the deer congregate back after there deer drives, all together me and a buddy have seen about 14 from oct1-nov14 should i bait for the late season, in the early season we put out shelled corn/wheat, apples and carrots. anyone have any advice or somethings to look for.
Old 11-29-2003, 06:47 PM

Default RE: help me with my late season

when i was bow hunting a soy bean and corn mix brought in a nice 7-piont right under my stand. that might work in the late season too.
Old 11-29-2003, 06:47 PM
Dominant Buck

According to your markings on the photo... there' s an awful lot of unexplored ground on this place. You need to venture out a little to really get a feel for what' s going on.
Old 11-29-2003, 07:53 PM

If I were you I would set up on the edge of that swamp. When they start driving that is where them deer will head. Baiting doesnt hurt.
Old 11-29-2003, 08:45 PM

unfortunatly i can only hunt south and west of those green lines, i plan to seek permission to hunt this whole land plot next spring, the corn feilds are unpicked also, and it seems that when they drive they will either head to that swamp or across the road south threw the pines hopefully they pick the corn soon
Old 12-01-2003, 10:22 AM

I am certainly no expert, but I will offer some advice. I would put a stand or use a climber and set up straight south of the swamp and right near the corn field. I would not hunt it until about 2 to 3 weeks after gun season. I would want to be right on the edge of that corn. Once that is picked if the dirt isn' t turned, then it will be a hot food source. Deer prefer corn in the winter as it is high in carbs and that gives them more immediate energy then does protein sources. Also, I would focus on afternoon hunts as it is nearly impossible to to sneak into an area that holds big bucks in the morning during winter as with no foliage they will hear you and then see you and be certain not to return during daylight that day. Another option would be northeast of the pines as you might be able to catch deer traveling up toward the alphalfa fields. Good luck!

TBO
Old 12-05-2003, 06:52 AM

were putting up a stand northeast of the pines along the property line, and just south of the r/r bed which we found 3 bedding area's