Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Someone said I had a horseshoe stuck up....They' re right!

Old 11-28-2003, 05:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Someone said I had a horseshoe stuck up....They' re right!

Some of you may remember my monster buck a couple weeks ago that I got a second chance after not being able to pull my bow back on this buck a week eariler..............well someone make the comment that CLOUD 9 had a horseshoe stuck up my ........I think they may be right!!!!! Wednesday evening before Thanksgiving I had a last second chance to hunt. My buddy and I got a late start. I was in my stand (a stand I put up this summer and no one has ever hunted) at 4:00 (about an hour left to hunt). About 20 minutes to 5 I made three soft grunts, waited a minute and one louder grunt. 3 minutes later I see big buck coming from behind me down a trail that passes at 30 yards. Its walking and I shoot when it gets into my brushed out shooting lane. I never saw my arrow, and the deer ran off and dissappeared at 70 yards. I have no idea if or where I hit the deer. I waited 30 minutes(pitch dark) and got down to check the area whee the deer sttod whan I shot. I walk up and there my arrow is stuck in the ground...I couldn' t believe it.....I pulled my arrow out, I had to use two hand it was stuck pretty hard. Then I noticed MY HANDS WERE ALL BLOODY!! Then I saw hair on the ground. I was very worried I had a bad hit because my arrow stuck at a very low angle and so far in the ground. I decided to wait til 7:00 the next morning to look.

I get home at about 8:00 and the weather report comes on, SNOW tonight, CRAP! I called a couple buddies and took off. I got back out there at 9:15 ( 4 1/2 hours after I shot it) and it started snowing pretty hard. We started tracking....not much blood...we get 300 yards and there' s two spots it layed down. Another 200 yards and we jump it in the woods, its still snowing pretty hard. We track it mainly by the snow tracks and at another 500 yards at 11:30 at night it stops snowing! THANK GOD!!!!!! We stop tracking and resume at 7:00a.m. Thanksgiving Day morning. We track it to 4 differant beds with no blood and 100 yards from where we quit the night before we found it!!!!!!!!!! Still warm and not one bit stiff...it just died!!!!! A nice 9 pointer! 13 1/2 hours after I shot it! I' ve always been a big advocate of waiting overnight on any questionable hit. The snow forced us to try, but we would have found it much easier by being able to wait for morning! I had hit the deer in the liver, my shot was back about 4-5 inches from where I' d like it. It takes some time for an arrow to go 30 yards on a walking deer.

Old 11-28-2003, 05:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Someone said I had a horseshoe stuck up....They' re right!

another photo

Old 11-28-2003, 05:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

I look alittle drunk in that previous photo.

Another. Its been quite a season!!!!

Old 11-28-2003, 05:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

I' ve still got 2 management tags left...........I hope I don' t see another big guy!

Good luck to you all!
Old 11-28-2003, 05:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Management tags in Minnesato are anterless only, for your info.
Old 11-28-2003, 05:51 PM

nice deer, but now it' s my turn
Old 11-28-2003, 06:00 PM
Typical Buck

Very Nice!!!

Even though my computer here at work is Jack' d up and the pics look sorta like a cartoon, I can still clearly see he is one to be proud of. Congrats!!!!!!!!

~Ben
Old 11-28-2003, 06:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good Luck huntinMN, keep at it, you' ll arrow one!!
Old 11-28-2003, 06:09 PM

Dang Cloud! You are having a good year! Congrats on yet another bruiser.

Are those bucks that big or are you a midget?
Old 11-28-2003, 06:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Man you suck! 3 nice bucks in 2 years, that' s incredible! (Yes, I remember your ripley buck from last year too!)

Put your dang bow down, that just isn' t fair!

Quick Reply: Someone said I had a horseshoe stuck up....They' re right!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.