Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How many are content with the bow they have?

Old 11-26-2003, 06:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default How many are content with the bow they have?

It' s that time of year again when everyone is drooling over the new bows coming out.My setup is two years old and i don' t see myself getting a new bow for many years--is there something wrong with me?I have a 2002 LEGACY all set the way i want for hunting and i don' t foresee ever getting rid of it.Is there anyone that is happy with the rig they have?just curious about all the my bow is the best bow i' ve ever shot posts only to have these same people run out and buy something new--then you' ll here the same old my bow is the best,blah,blah,blah.I' m keepin' my bow until something that actually is better comes along.
Old 11-26-2003, 07:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: How many are content with the bow they have?

I am happy with what I got. It works for me and I' m comfortable with it.

1996(?) PSE Edge 1000C lefty compound bow, 65#, 30" draw, round wheel vortex dual cam system. It' s old, but it' s reliable and built like a tank.

I have seen all the new bows and picked up brand new lefty Martin' s, Hoyt' s, Parker' s, etc... I' d love to get one someday, perhaps when I' m more experienced with bows. As it stands, I don' t quite understand the single cam systems, and how they make these new " rocket launchers" shoot, what - about 500 fps?!?! [&:]

Like I said, my bow is slow and heavy compared to today' s bows. But then, it' s my first and only bow I have ever owned. I have only been shooting it for about 2 years now. I like it, it works for me, so I don' t want to change (yet). One of these days, yes.... But not right now.

Butch
Old 11-26-2003, 07:11 AM
Typical Buck

Mine is probably 10yrs old. A Proline, It has taken over 30 deer and a handful of squirrels. So far I see no reason to retire it although it has had a variety of new quivers and sights over the years. It suits me just fine.
Old 11-26-2003, 07:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have an 02 SC Patriot and I have no intentions of buying a new one anytime soon
Old 11-26-2003, 07:35 AM
Spike

I currently shoot a Mathews Q2 and couldn' t be happier. I can' t imagine changing anytime soon. My first bow was a PSE back in the mid 80' s I kept it for several years then purchased a Reflex. A couple of years ago I bought the Q2 and I will say that we' ve come a long ways from the PSE I started out with.
Old 11-26-2003, 07:37 AM

I have a PSE Nova 1-Cam that I use. I bought it about 2-3 years ago and since it is my first I' m very happy with it.

I don' t see me getting a new one anytime soon. I will probably tinker with sights, rests, etc. Isn' t that half the fun?
Old 11-26-2003, 07:53 AM
Fork Horn

As much as the greedy little part of me wants to get a new bow every year, I just don' t see the point in it. I' m shooting an 00 Golden Eagle Splitfire dual cam right now. It still shoots just fine and hasn' t given me a single problem. I just can' t justify $600 plus dollars a year just so I can say that I' ve got the latest and greatest bow on the market.

Fancy equipment is nice, but it still doesn' t help you get close to deer.
Old 11-26-2003, 07:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

I am perfectly happy with my Pat Dually and I am going to keep it but that said I also have a Black Knight and Justice on order
Old 11-26-2003, 07:56 AM

My PSE Thunder Flight Express has to be 8-9 years old. Still shoots mortal arrows though. I can' t justify any good reason to spend a ton of money on a new bow. I' ll probably shoot my PSE another 8-9 years.
Old 11-26-2003, 07:59 AM

I have an old darton lighting, its to hard to get rid of old reliable.

Quick Reply: How many are content with the bow they have?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.