Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Funny techno hunt story.

Old 11-21-2003, 06:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Funny techno hunt story.

I don' t know how many people on here had a chance to shoot techno hunt but I had one of the funniest experiences a while back. A friend of mine and me were on a range shooting for an hour when all of a sudden every arrow he fired would ricochet off of the wall to his left 5 feet in front of the screen. He had everyone looking at his bow, changing this, adjusting that, and moving god knows what else. Nothing worked. He kept shooting never once hitting the screen. He was cursing his bow up one side and down the other. Finally an employee from the archery shop asked him to shoot one while he watched him. All the guy did was giggle and look at my friend for a couple of seconds. After a while he asked my friend if he would mind shooting with his RIGHT eye this time. I almost fell on the floor laughing. He just spent almost an hour trying to fix everything on his bow all because he forgot which eye to shoot with. Believe me, to this day he never hears the end of it!
Old 11-21-2003, 07:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Funny techno hunt story.

LOL, I hope he doesn' t do that in the woods.
Old 11-21-2003, 08:44 AM

My neighbor did that in the woods missed an 8 point by two feet. Clean miss the deer runs 15 yards further away. Then the deer comes back to the same spot where he was just shot at. So he lines up the shot again. and scores right in the boiler room. He comes home that afternoon and shoots nearly 50 arrows right into the vitals of his 3-d target. I asked why he was shooting so much having had success. He says " I never miss that badly and I can' t figure out what happend" and shows me his arrow that was in the tree. He had been so proud of new one pin sight and had been shooting the bow dead on for weeks. He asks me to check the nock, says his sight is fine, rest is fine, release is fine and tries to blame the arrow. I told him he needs to shoot with his left eye one shot and to aim for the tail of the target he tells me that is the wrong eye to shoot with. He finally manages to let one fly using his left eye aiming for the tail hits the 3-d target right in the vitals says a few obscentities humbley walks away in a huff.
Old 11-21-2003, 08:55 AM

Does that happen a lot? Has it happened to anyone here?

I have only been hunting a couple years and have yet to harvest a deer. It has not happened to me while practicing though.
Old 11-21-2003, 02:53 PM

I don' t even know how that could happen??

A friend of mine who gets upset quickly was shooting poorly on one of those shoots. He then procceds to THROW his bow down the lane. I have to admitt, it was quite funny, but I didn' t like the idea of him throwing a $600 bow down the lane.
Old 11-21-2003, 09:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sometimes when I shoot w/both eyes open the left one takes domenence, maybe it was getting dark and he opened his other eye and it took over.