Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What do you do with the guts?

Old 11-20-2003, 07:51 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: What do you do with the guts?

Leave ' em in the woods. Leave ' em in the woods. Leave ' em in the woods. Leave ' em in the woods. Leave ' em in the woods. Leave ' em in the woods. Leave ' em in the woods. Leave ' em in the woods. Leave ' em in the woods. Leave ' em in the woods. Leave ' em in the woods. Leave ' em in the woods.

You get the idea.[&:]
Old 11-20-2003, 08:03 PM

Gut em were they lay, then come back and watch them for bear. Or at least that is what I would like to do but that is considered " Baiting" and so illegal here in Oregon. And I would never let em have the heart and liver.
Old 11-20-2003, 08:54 PM

I gotta agree. Gut em where they lie.
Old 11-20-2003, 10:43 PM
Spike

All the critters will definately eat most everything, but this year I saw the wierdest thing! I saw a deer apparently eating the stomach off the gut pile. On closer inspection they had pawed open the stomach (rumen for those who know the difference) and were eating what was in there.
Strange huh? Especially with all the food around. Guess if its partly digested its less work...
Old 11-21-2003, 03:40 AM

Hmmm ' gut soup' is tasty!!!! [X(] I gut them where they drop & leave it there....feeds the lesser critters.....[:-].....Brampton Mike [8D]
Old 11-21-2003, 05:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Leave them lay for the critters
Old 11-21-2003, 06:41 AM

I field dress them where they fall - keep the liver and heart to eat, leave the rest for the fox, coyote, crows, whatever cares to have a free meal.
Old 11-21-2003, 07:46 AM

Joe...Not talking about deer dogs, but some pretty nice bird dogs. The owner of the property I hunt has a kennel on the property. He doesnt run his dogs on the property too often during deer season, but once in a while one will break free. A few years ago, we left a pile in the woods, and wouldnt you know it, one of his dogs found it. The dog didnt just eat the pile, but rolled and rolled and rolled. Quite a mess as you can imagine. While he was scrubbing the heck out of the dog he had an idea...bury the guts....so we do.[:-]
Old 11-21-2003, 09:04 AM

I usually field dress them where they lay and leave the guts for whatever critter might want them. Usually gone by morning.

If the deer was killed in a prime hunting area, I' ll drag it out a ways and then dress them.

Old 11-22-2003, 08:19 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.